• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Leaving May 6, 2013 - prepared, thanks to this forum

JansCamino

Time of past OR future Camino
May 7 (2013)
It is Sunday morning at 12:30 am which means one more day until I leave. I want to thank Ivar and the whole team for running this forum, all of the wonderful people who shared their knowledge, and the new pilgrims who ask all the right questions.

I don't know what I would have done without all of this information.

Because of this site and the people who contribute, I feel prepared and safe, and I have planned as much as I need to plan. Now it is time to just pick up my pack, put on my cowboy hat, get on the plane, and then put one foot in front of the other and see what my Camino brings me.

I'm excited, of course, but not at all afraid, nervous, or worried. I have stopped planning and opened myself up to the experience. It is such a great feeling of peace. I'm ready.

Once again, thank you all.
Jan from Florida

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Jan

Wishing you a great camino, enjoy your flight to Paris and the train trip south, I'll be keeping an eye out for you in early June when hopefully our paths might cross.

You've done all the hard physical preparation down to a T, now go and enjoy the weather, cafe con leche's, tortillas, vino and the wonderful combination of humanity in all it's manifestations on the way from St. Jean. and keep that blog going, I'll be using you as my advance scout :wink:

Regards

Seamus

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Have a great time, I think I have a slight idea of how you must be feeling as I am getting quite excited, 3 month 3 weeks to go.
Carpe diem.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Buen Camino!!
I also know that feeling. Not long before I pick up my pack and board the plane!

Thank you to my Camino family for their well wishes!
Buen Camino to all...
Jan

Attachments

• muralone.jpg
    muralone.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 596
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Very excited for you. Just discovered your blog so will follow it until we leave 2 weeks from tomorrow.

Nice pic but one obvious question - where's the cowboy hat?

Ha! The cowboy hat is being worn by the person taking that picture! Funny thing about my cowboy hat and its horse tail band, everyone wants to wear it.
Buen Camino

Attachments

• CowboyHat.jpg
    CowboyHat.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 481
Jan I envy you. I have another year to wait, almost to the day, before I start mine.
Hope all goes well for you. I totally agree with you about helpful this forum is.
Buen Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back