• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Let's Push Betsy

Betsy walked the Camino de Santiago carrying her own backpack eight times before Alzheimer’s took its toll on her. Even after she was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s she continued to walk the Camino. Eventually, however, she could no longer walk and even talking became difficult. But she loved the Camino and so we went back twice with a wheelchair and taxi support to go from village to village. Here is a link to a YouTube video about one of these trips. youtu.be/fZ-kBqex5_M

Now we want Betsy to experience the Camino on the actual path in a trail wheelchair with pushers and pullers. We are putting together a team to do this in June 2023 and we have an off road wheelchair reserved. This is like the “I’ll push you” team at www.accessiblecamino.com, but they are not going again until 2024 and we want to get Betsy back to the Camino before then. We will go from Sarria to Santiago in ten days departing Sarria June 9 and arriving Santiago June 18. Betsy will be the only person we push. The push team will consist of about 10 to 12 individuals. You are invited to join the team.

If you are interested in being part of the “Let’s Push Betsy” team please contact Rob by email.

Email: pushbetsy@gmail.com

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Betsy walked the Camino de Santiago carrying her own backpack eight times before Alzheimer’s took its toll on her. Even after she was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s she continued to walk the Camino. Eventually, however, she could no longer walk and even talking became difficult. But she loved the Camino and so we went back twice with a wheelchair and taxi support to go from village to village. Here is a link to a YouTube video about one of these trips. youtu.be/fZ-kBqex5_M

Now we want Betsy to experience the Camino on the actual path in a trail wheelchair with pushers and pullers. We are putting together a team to do this in June 2023 and we have an off road wheelchair reserved. This is like the “I’ll push you” team at www.accessiblecamino.com, but they are not going again until 2024 and we want to get Betsy back to the Camino before then. We will go from Sarria to Santiago in ten days departing Sarria June 9 and arriving Santiago June 18. Betsy will be the only person we push. The push team will consist of about 10 to 12 individuals. You are invited to join the team.

If you are interested in being part of the “Let’s Push Betsy” team please contact Rob by email.

Unable to help physically but admire your efforts so will say words on your behalf and light a candle or two!

Buen Camino

samarkand.

Would have loved to help, but the time frame isn't good for me.
Sept. or Oct. I am available.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Absolutely love this sooo much, same as Jodean though I'm starting in September! Good luck and I'm sure there'll be plenty of volunteers, such a lovely thing to be part of with Betsy ❤️

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Rob
I sat next to you and Betsy in the cathedral last year and had a long chat. The girl from Australia. I’m so pleased your dream of Betsy being on the Camino again will come to fruition. Alas, I depart from Madrid 10 June to return home. Wishing you all the best

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

May Santiago guide you to him.

Sorry to hear about Betsy’s Alzheimer’s.

Buen camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Rob
I sat next to you and Betsy in the cathedral last year and had a long chat. The girl from Australia. I’m so pleased your dream of Betsy being on the Camino again will come to fruition. Alas, I depart from Madrid 10 June to return home. Wishing you all the best
Why don't you spend 10 more days in Spain and walk with us? Then go to Madid. Love to have you on the Push Betsy Team.
Rob

Most read last week in this forum

In the Guardian. Interesting "Letters to the Editor..." https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2024/apr/18/a-modern-pilgrimages-transformative-power?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other
I started my training walks last fall in preparation for the camino frances this year. This included walking in the mall in bad winter weather (ugh!). My husband was undecided about joining me...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back