• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lisboa to Santiago

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francis SJPP April 2016,
August 2017, May 2018
Camino Portuguese
2019, May Porto, Sept Lisbo
Hi all,
My fourth caminho is the Portuguese one starting on the May 1st. I plan on taking it slow over 5 weeks. I love the preparation and have bought a new eye mask today. My pack weighs 8 kg and would love to get it lower but............
I'm looking forward to seeing Portugal on the Central route and was last in there in 1980.
Love

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Passa bem e bom caminho !
You'll see Portugal hasn't changed since then in the way of the friendly and helpful people, the fantastic food and wines. The pasteĂ­s de nata will be fresh baked for you. Enjoy the country.
Muito sorte ! Succes

Thanks so much, , such lovely sardines cooked outside their homes on miniature grills and as I recall " the most handsome men in all of Europe".…very true....
Love

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thats perfectly doable in 5 weeks. Enjoy it. If you have time left, continue to Finisterre and/or MuxĂ­a.

Yeah! I did the 920 klms (Francis) may 2018, to Muxia/ Finistere from SJPdP........loved every step.... Afterwards hopefully doing the Ingles from Ferrol to SC in June....life is wonderful when walking.......
Love

The Central Route is lovely. The people of Portugal are still about the nicest folks on earth. I assume you are starting in Lisboa. You will have plenty of time to enjoy some of the beauty of Portugal. Be careful on the roads but you will have a great experience, I am sure.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thats perfectly doable in 5 weeks. Enjoy it. If you have time left, continue to Finisterre and/or MuxĂ­a.

I’m just back x Porto to Santiago, central way ,,, really nice ,, will send must albergues later ,,some not on brierlys book ,,, lar

I’m just back x Porto to Santiago, central way ,,, really nice ,, will send must albergues later ,,some not on brierlys book ,,, lar
Can you please share your albergues list with me too? I am leaving from Lisbon in 4 weeks. Thanks!

Good morning-I’ll be arriving in Lisbon on April 17. Will spend a few days in the area then head north. Hope you have a great trip.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Can you please share your albergues list with me too? I am leaving from Lisbon in 4 weeks. Thanks!
Hi
Hi
I walked from Porto
Most places on my own
Went central route
1....albergue rates ,,, San Pedro de rates ,,,,,, nice ,,,, village also nice ,,

2.....Barcelinhos ,,,,,,albergue amigos da Montana,,, very cold

3.....xxxxx,,,”,fernanda albergue “...in Lugar do corgo ,,,,,,a must ,plan it to stay here ,,, she cooks food , very special ,, loads of booze ,,, and breakfast ,,, Marianna is special ,, has a outhouse , sleep 12 ,,, ,,,

RubiĂŁes ,,,, municipal albergue ok ,,supermarket is another 2 k further ,, second cafe down road nice for cofi in morning

Tui ,,,,, villa st clementine ,,, just outside town , gave me double room , as only person there ,, many more albergues there ,,

Porrino ..... albergue “Sendasur”
Xxxxxxx is a must ,,, not in book ,,, up the road from municipal albergue ,,,
A great place ,,, a good town ,,, a must. To stay here ,, bunks with curtains , drawers under bunks , socets and lights over head in bunks ,,, not strict ,,,,

Pontevedra
Xxxxx funky albergue 10 k further on from Pontevedra, another must ,, bi donation for food / breakfast ,,,
Really good

Valga , municipal albergue ,, very good
10 k x Caldas de Reis ,,,, nice restaurant 5 min walk , opens 5 am ,, breakfast etc

Call into church in padron

Teo
Municipal albergue very good

I broke up my days so I did not have a long slog on my last day
Did not see one person walking , amazing ,met a few people in albergue at night for the first few days ,,
I was one of 3 outside cathedral in Santiago, was greatb
Lar
Laro1956@hotmail .com

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back