• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Lisbon to Finesterre via Santiago

Nich Cunliffe

I have just completed this Camino solo and offer any help I can. It is a wonderful very quiet route with minimal accomodation and masses of off road walking BUT the waymarking is not great from Lisbon to Porto....despite what others may say!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Nich - tell us all more! I'd heard that there was considerable road walking on the Lisbon/Porto stretch - jeez there is enough in the first couple of days out of Porto heading north!

Nich Cunliffe said:
I have just completed this Camino solo and offer any help I can. It is a wonderful very quiet route with minimal accomodation and masses of off road walking BUT the waymarking is not great from Lisbon to Porto....despite what others may say!!
Dear Nich,
Yes, as John says, please tell us all about it.....
and being completely selfish for a moment, I am planning to tackle Porto-SdeC next April, so any new information on hostels, dogs, rivers, bedbugs or whatever would be REALLY appreciated.
Buen Camino
Gyro

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
gyro said:
and being completely selfish for a moment, I am planning to tackle Porto-SdeC next April, so any new information on hostels, dogs, rivers, bedbugs or whatever would be REALLY appreciated.
Gyro

Gyro,

You can download in http://www.amigosdelcamino.com a free guide about this Camino, in spanish or portuguese. May be it can help you to schedule your Camino.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Javier Martin said:
Gyro,

You can download in http://www.amigosdelcamino.com a free guide about this Camino, in spanish or portuguese. May be it can help you to schedule your Camino.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.
Javier,
Many thanks for this. I actually have a copy, but I really appreciate you letting me know.
Do you know of any other guides to this Camino. The Brierley (sp?) is one and I know that CSJ is piloting a new guide. any others?

Gyro

Gyro,

I don't know. Several years ago I saw one but from Porto to Santiago, not from Lisbon.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum