• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino live from VDLP

camino07

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances x5, Portuguese VdlP12, Sanabres, Aragones, Norte,Salvador,Primitivo, VdlP 17,Madrid18Norte
Made it to Seville after long,horrible flight. No trouble catching yellow bus from outside T4 at Barajas to Atocha Stn. When you get inside the Ave to Seville leaves from one of the platforms straight ahead. Easy Peasy! Quiet,smooth journey .I was the only tatty pilgrim among all the men in suits ,who passed thier journey in the cafeteria wagon.
Taxi to Hotel Simon only 7e. Through narrow,winding streets passing many ancient churches and I fell in love with this city. Hotel excellent and round the corner from the Cathedral. Go into the church attached to the cathedral,down to the right in front of the altar ,a man stands and if you ask nicely he will take you into a room and give you a sello.
There are many pilgrims in town so I have booked into Hostal Francis for tomorrow just in case.I know I should leave it to the Camino but my gut told me!
will try to find computers along the way. Weather cool,cloudy and was great for walking today.
Cheers all, Heather

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Oh Heather! If you have time, be sure to visit the Museu de Bella Artes there! It's fantastic! Also, Parque Maria Luisa is beautiful and there's a cool archaeological museum there with all the artifacts they found in Italica. You can get a bus to Italica in the basement of the bus station. You just pay the driver. It's a really nice place to visit and you may want to visit, then walk the next day.

I can't wait to hear more about your trip!
As you may know, we had to stop at Fuente de Campos because of extreme heat and lack of water.
I hope to return and finish at some point in the future.

Buen Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Buen Camino Heather!

Look forward to hearing about your experiences along the Via de la Plata. And do stop in Italica to visit the ruins. Last year the entry was free and within an hour you can see everything. The first day is short so you have the time.

Cheers,
LT

Hi Heather!
I start from Salamanca on 29th April. Keep your eyes open for a bearded ancient bloke walking so slowly the sheep overtake him.
I've got the Forum badge [and a Union Jack] on my backpack.
Hopefully, by the end of April the rainy season should have finished.
Buen camino!
Stephen.
http://www.calig.co.uk/camino_de_santiago.htm

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Heather, I've just finished writing up Day One of my VdlP camino so I can visualize your route! As Annie said, the Italica Ruinas Romanas are well worth visiting, leave your pack locked in the gate house. There's a great little venta just over the road for lunch. I stayed at Hostal Frances as well. Make sure you have a room with a window onto the street. Lovely temperatures for walking.

http://blog.gomarbella.com/2012/04/via- ... llena.html

¡Buen Camino! Mike

Keep us posted, everyone! I'm so envious! How is Bar Francis? Clean and nice? I haven't stayed there (yet!).

Melanie

the Italica Ruinas Romanas are well worth visiting, leave your pack locked in the gate house.
What a very sensible piece of advice, why didn't I think of that, I carried mine around :(

Heather, All the best with your camino, hope the weather is favourable.
Buen camino
Sue

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Heather,

Was so excited to see your post. Congrats on getting to the VDLP. You did it !! I will be waiting for more posts, and your wonderful adventures. Keep safe and enjoy the journey. You are giving me courage for mine in September. Buen Camino.
Sandra

Hi All
In Casa cultura in Monasterios please excuse all mistakes. many pilgrims on the way albergues busy but i have been so cold and staying in hostals etc .Lovely new one in Real de la jarre called Marie Carmen . Brilliant weather for walking and arroyos all dry or have paths.Very chilly in evenings and mornings .We heard there was snow in Granada, Sandra.
Went through italica,leaving my pack in the hut. it was a free day. amazing place.
Sorry,people are waiting so have to stop. Not many internets around but plenty of Wifi.
Bumped into George today who is a forum member. plenty of friendly pilgrims around.
Cheers
Heather

Most read last week in this forum

One reason for me choosing the VDLP is to avoid the constant stress of the bed race on the busier routes. Alas I haven’t escaped it. Literally every bed (that I’m able to contact) is full from...
I think I’m on day 12, so not quite two weeks in. Thus far the VDLP is definitely a different animal than the CF. And I have to say, I’m struggling to enjoy it as much as the CF last year. I...
Gronze has a note for the albergue in Valdesalor saying the key needs to be picked up from the town hall or the bar. Am I correct in assuming that this only applies if you are the first to arrive...
(Live on the Camino, but I don't know how to post with that tag) The Camino Sanabres winds through small stone villages and along vast green pastures rimmed in stone walls. Sometimes you walk on...
Be careful when you organise a transfer from the Arca de Caparra (Via’s emblem) to one of the three hotels in Jarilla. The guide books we are using state that you will be picked up at ARCA DE...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back