• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lodging after Braga before Ponte de Lima

The Yukon

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese, Jacobs Weg, Camino Frances, Tui to Fatima
Unexpected friend from Canada on a tight schedule, unlike me. We are arriving in Braga tomorrow, Dec 6 early aft, will enjoy the town for a couple hours, but would like to head north in order to complete his Espiritual. Is there a place to stay half way between Ponta Lima and Braga?
Cheers!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Is there a place to stay half way between Ponta Lima and Braga?
Cheers!

I have walked from Braga, but it was on the Geira, so I headed to Caldelas rather than Ponte de Lima.

I’m assuming you will be walking the last stage of the Camino Torres, which looks like it goes through Vila de Prado, where there are several lodging options. But it’s not halfway to Ponte de Lima, just about 8 km further on.

Theofficial Torres websitedescribes that the route to Ponte de Lima goes through Goaes. But it is not the “Goaes” you will find if you just use google maps, it is a tiny village Goaes just north of Portela das Cabras.

Google maps shows an albergue there, and another forum member has slept in it. This is what he posted:

there is also an Albergue (500 m from the camino right hands)
Albergue de S. Pedro de GoĂ°es : Lugar do Pereiro. ; 30 beds ; donativo ; 914.145.386 & 917.699.156 albergue@cm-vilaverde.pt ; http://albergue.cm-vilaverde.pt/
regards,
Henri

Unfortunately, the internet link for the albergue is broken, so it’s hard to know whether it is still open. But they do have a facebook page!

I would definitely call one of those two numbers. If you search around on google maps, you will find another couple of casas rurales in the vicinity, but I can’t really visualize where they are in relationship to the caminho route.

Good luck with this and let us know how it goes. Bom caminho, Laurie

Thanks peregrina2000 for that helpful info. We’re good to go.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Where did you end up choosing to stay?

Just at dark we ended up with twin beds at Casa Fundevila - Hotel de Charme in Soutelo, which was about 9 Km past Braga. The price was between 40 and 50€, and an excellent place to stay: great food, a waiter who’d done 5 caminos himself, and a spotless twin bed room.

We tried the 2 phones numbers for the tiny village of Goas that Laurie suggested, but the first phone number was out of service and the person on the second phone number seemed to indicate a wrong number. Moreover, it would have been well past dark by the time we would have arrived. However, we did pass a sign for that albergue the next day, but did not walk the Km to see if it was still active.

BEDBUGS IN

Albergue de Peregrinos de S. Pedro de GoĂŁes!!!

April 2023.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back