Lodging in Ponte Ulla

peregrina2000

Staff member
Mar 6, 2006
Champaign, Illinois, USA
Continuing on the Sanabrés to round out the Invierno guide, I have a question about lodging in Ponte Ulla. I know the Pensión Cruceiro, the new-ish charmless building near the Día store (good guality in spite of no charm, IMO). And I know about the Pensión Juanito, where I´ve never stayed but know where it is, right on the Camino on the street up from the river.

But I´m sure there is one more place to stay here. Right after you cross the bridge, on the right side, there is a restaurant and an attached building with rooms. Does anyone know the name of the place? I can´t find it for some reason, and mundicamino doesn´t list it. Thanks, Laurie

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Stripey Socks

Jan 22, 2014
Australia
www.lifeonebigadventure.com
Time of past OR future Camino
Hello. It is called Bar Rios and is fabulous! Euro 10 per person per night and I had a lovely private room - with sheets and towels!! Bathroom just down the hall with plenty of hot water. I think about 6 rooms in total with twin/double configurations. Also fantastic food and menu del dia was Euro12 from memory but additional for extra wine (more than one glass). Bye Mel

Reactions: peregrina2000
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

annakappa

RIP 2024
Jan 6, 2009
Costa Rica
Time of past OR future Camino
Part frances jun 07/rest frances may- jun 2008/Frances sept-oct 2009/ Sanabres Oct 2010/Frances sept-oct 2011/Aragones Sept-Oct 2012. Hospitalero Sept 2010, Amiga in Pilgrim's Office Oct 2013. Part Primitivo Oct 2013. Portugues from Porto June 2015.
We stayed in the Pensión Juanito, room, if I remember, with bathroom. I can recommend it. Bar and restaurant downstairs. Anne

Most read last week in this forum

I completed the Sanabres Camino a week ago after having started in Rionegro del Puente. I am a forum member who enjoys the downhills as my knees have always been strong. The uphills wear me out...
Does Salamanca to Cuba del Vino (stage 20) involve 20km on tarmac, on the N-630? Or does the Camino run as a separate track, alongside (not on!) the asphalted road, and this more comfortable for...
Hi Friends! I'm new to the group (from Australia) after walking nine previous Camino's, and currently planning the VDLP with friends for March/April 2026. I've been quietly lurking while putting...
Hi All, Greetings from the VdlP. We are a small bunch about 12 to 15 peregrine and some people biking. We're a friendly lot getting to know each other well. Most people here have walked...
Hi, it's not on Gronze, but it is on the Salamanca Tourist Office website. Tried ringing the number given, but no answer. Sent a message to the tourist office, but no reply...is the albuerge...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.