• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lodging in Pontenure

kmrice

Time of past OR future Camino
Podiensis 2016, Via Francigena 2018, '19, '22, '23
Anyone have any suggestions for lodging in Pontenure, between Piacenza and Fiorenzuola d’Arda? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Karl

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
According to Gronze, the hostel (and only) place to stay in Pontenure is closed. Gronze does, however, list places to stay in Volcanasso, 4 kilometers past Pontenure. Here's the Gronze link: https://www.gronze.com/via-francigena

You might also consider taking a local bus to Pontenure from Piacenza, since that's an ugly 10 k on the main road. That would make it pretty easy to go from Piacenza to Fiorenzuola in one day. 21 k of very flat walking.

There is a train station in Pontenure, otherwise its probably the hostel in Montale 5km before or the options in Valcanasso 5km after.

(I walked this section in winter and so walked the main rd rather than deal with doing river fords- as it was the weekend the road was okay and I stayed in Roveleto, and continued walking rd just past Alseno and then connected with an old marked route into Fidenza)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks to all for the great advice. We’re walking the VF from Viverone to Fiorenzuola d’Arda this year (having walked Fiorenzuola d’Arda to Rome in past years) and wanted to cut the last stage from Piacenza to Fiorenzuola d’Arda in two. (We’re in our 70’s and the distance we like to walk in a day has gone down.) Couldn’t find anything in Pontenure so we were planning to walk there, train back to Piacenza and then back to Pontenure in the morning.

At Andycohn’s suggestion I researched Volcanasso. The religious center there had no space, but I was able to reserve at Agriturismo Mancassola, so we’re all set. Thanks to everyone; as always, this forum is great!

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Jougne, the end of the last stage in France? Thanks. Karl

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.