• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Logistical SNAFU in need of Portugal travel wisdom

manifestdestinyLISA

Hi Pilgrims,

W ill be walking the way of the Frances from Sept 4 until ?

Need to get from either SDC or Finesterre to Fatima/Tomar- ANY WISDOM HOW TO TRAVEL THERE ?Or the best way to go ( we are at this point planning on taking train or bus whichever is most efficient) Whats make the best sense and what are our options? I searched internet and just got confused.

BUT booked room with another pilgrim in Tomar for OCT 11, 12, 13. We are planning on visiting Fatima for apparition procession on OCT 13 and spend the 11 & 12 checking out Tomar & surrounding. SO, cant seem to find any info on how to get from Tomar to Fatima as its only 12 miles away. Is it true that bus is totally unreliable? And taxis cost 60 euro to make the trip? Perhaps I will rent a car wich would take care of this and next question. Although I am scared to drive unfamiliar roads and get lost instead of makingmy flight

Ok NEXT- Need to get from Tomar to Lisbon Airport on the 14th of October any ideas that are convenient & affordable

Thank you for your consideration and direction!
Lisa

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
caminocalling said:
Need to get from either SDC or Finesterre to Fatima/Tomar- ANY WISDOM HOW TO TRAVEL THERE ?
You can check Alsa.es (internacional): buses to Fatima leaving SdC 11:00 - arriving Fatima 18:15 (about 48 Euros pp)
Then Rede-expressos.pt for your Fatima-Lisbon trip. There are buses about every 1/2 hour.
Hope this helps.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Bus from Tomar to Fatima no sweat no strain
Bus to Fatima: Rodotejo buses Ctejo is symbol May be called COVA DE IRIA on bus!
07:32 08:22 Aos Sabados Domingos E Feriados. Todo o ano 0510 07:48 08:45 Excepto Sabados Domingos E Feriados. Todo o ano 0510 12:48 13:47 Excepto Sabados

I walked it this Spring and can truthfully report-don't consider it doing it yourself! The road is narrow no shoulder but there may be a V shaped rain culvert and while the Portuguese really are wonderful people they drive like maniacs!

Thank you Scruffy1 Im going to hit the translator to be sure to clarify! THank you for the no sweat no strain TOmar. It puts me at ease.

Fraluchi thanks again for SDC to Fatima route. THe other website was not allowing me to put in Fatima to lisbon plans,,

So Im still trying to find the best way to travel to airport in Lisbon on Oct 14 from Fatima in time to make 10 am flight. I know that its only 80 minutes away...If anyone is planning on heading to airport from Fatima/Tomar/Surrounding and want to share fare..three people would lower fare considerably even one would help...and if you know of a bus or train that leaves Very Early to get me there no later than 8 it would be BIG help and huge peace of mind.

Do you think if I leave it up to camino pilgrim fate a soulution will come on the way...or do I need to figure this out now?

Ciao for Now,
Lisa

O.K.
Here you will find train schedule from Tomar to Lisbon in case you need it.
Be careful the 6:15am train do not run on Sundays as per remark #3

Não se efetua aos domingos e feriados oficiais
3 Except Sundays and Public Holidays

You will need other kind of transportation or take the last train on Saturday Oct 13 (leaving at 22:11 (10:11pm) and arriving at 0:11

Check here:

http://www.cp.pt/StaticFiles/CP/Imagens ... lisboa.pdf

I'll look transportation for you Tomar-Lisbon (early Sunday October14, 2012)
Buen camino
Jorge

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
From Fatima to Lisbon first train as you can see is at 10:09am (Sundays)

http://venda.cp.pt/ticketing/search.do? ... epartTime=

Serviço Partida Chegada Duração Preço
IC Nº 510 Fatima 10:09 Santa Apolonia 11:30 01:20 € 19,00
IC Nº 512 Fatima 16:12 Santa Apolonia 17:30 01:18 € 19,00
IC Nº 514 Fatima 21:09 Santa Apolonia 22:30 01:20 € 19,00

Buen Camino
Jorge

Jorge,

THANK YOU SO MUCH for clarifying and confirming information and posting schedules. No wonder I was unable to get confirmation! So my only real option is too leave late Saturday night in order to make my plane. Its unclear if taxis/Airport transfer will be available-I will continue to do research.

Thank You again for all your help & clarification! THis could have put me in quite a bind :oops:

Im wondering if there will be a zillion tour buses etc in Fatima for the apparition anniversary & other transport for pilgrims etc? Are taxi's and airport shuttles off on Sunday or on a different schedule too? I do believe in a true day of rest on Sunday- I should have thought about it before I booked flight- its a direct flight so I didnt think twice.. :roll:

Buen Camino Jorge!
Lisa

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Lisa,
Our Lady will forgive you but the person on the gate at Lisbon airport won't.
I would not hesitate in missing the 13th and being in Lisbon that evening.
Its a lovely city and easy airport access.
Just don't like tight schedules when departing for home.
I realise its a great day to be in Fatima but ??
Safe trip and Buen camino,
David

David,

I know what you mean about making the flight bound for home! :wink:

Our Lady already blessed my camino! I just checked and I can change my FF mile flight with no penalty and take the same direct 10:25 flight on Monday. According to the schedule that Jorge kindly posted there are many early morning commuter options during the week- which I should have realized before I booked the first time! Ill tell you I understand why there used to be travel agents that made a good living- trying to book international hotels and buses, trains, planes-it can really make a person loopy! It s alot of work and hours online/phone etc. It is done! Now I just have to see if I can book an extra night at the hotel in Tomar!

BUEN CAMINO!
Lisa

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, I am trying to confirm that starting my walk from O Porriño qualifies for the last 100 km, and qualifies for a Compostela. I am finding conflicting information in different places. Camino...
Barcelos was having a huge May 1 celebration when we passed through. There was a major unveiling of a sculpture titled Peregrina the following day—very big event. We weren’t there, so I lifted a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back