• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Looking for a High-Res Map of Spain.

Denniswalkcamino

Viviendo el sueno
Time of past OR future Camino
CF,CP,VDLP,CI,CS,CN
Does anyone have a High-res digital map of Spain? I want to print it out and dot it with where I walked. Thank you

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Depends what you mean by high-res?

The goto is Spain's IGN and there is a list of different high-res there. You are not likely to have a computer with a big enough memory/processing capability for some of the resolutions available. But you can find what you are [likely] looking for here.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
You could download the IGN topographic map

zoom in to the scale that gives this resolution

This will give you the CF in six separate sheets, cropped to remove titles etc. They look like this.

the sixth one being the uncropped one above (Santiago).
Not sure if this is what you’r looking for.

Definitely Iberpix as @Peregrinopaul suggests. Note that there are different layers (“capas”) in addition to the topographic map shown in this thread. I find the current Iberpix version less intuitive than previous ones but there are explanatory videos on YouTube.

Depending on your intended purpose, there is also Google Earth Pro. You can mark points or draw a path and export or print the image. I have done this (printed on paper as well as stored in digital form on iPad) and used it when I wanted to show family or friends where I’ve walked.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Sounds like a great idea, I will give google earth a try!. thanks

Thanks Paul. Appreciate your maps.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Of course, if you recorded your route you could overlay it on the map before printing. It would also show you getting lost and jumping in taxis and busses, so maybe some editing could be needed....

Of course, if you recorded your route you could overlay it on the map before printing. It would also show you getting lost and jumping in taxis and busses, so maybe some editing could be needed....
I'm picturing Dennis at a wall completely covered with a map of northern Spain pointing to a little spur off the track of the Camino and saying "And this is the place where I wandered off the trail to rescue a tree that needed watering."

Most read last week in this forum