• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for San Salvador travel companions in Leon from April 29 to May 2, 2024

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2010, 2011
Portuguese 2017
Is anyone leaving Leon around between April 29 - May 2? I am attempting to combine the San Salvador with the Primitivo, and need to be in Oviedo by May 8. I hope for a 6 (7) day walk on the San Salvadore.
Input on this goal appreciated. As a solo traveler, would love to know there are others on the route at the same time.
Many thanks!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
It's straight into the mountains, the Salvador.. Will help put you in shape for the Primitivo! I last walked it in Spring 2019 and met just a few pilgrims but this combination of routes seems to be getting quite popular now. 6 -7 days sounds about right.

If you stay in the big albergue with the nuns in Leon, they'll give you a special credencial for the San Salvador. You're likely to find a few others there, that are heading your way too..

If you stay in the big albergue with the nuns in Leon, they'll give you a special credencial for the San Salvador.
Or, if you aren't staying there you can go to the albergue and buy the special credential for the Salvador. I had both my regular credential and my Salvador credential stamped each day.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Is anyone leaving Leon around between April 29 - May 2? I am attempting to combine the San Salvador with the Primitivo, and need to be in Oviedo by May 8. I hope for a 6 (7) day walk on the San Salvadore.
Input on this goal appreciated. As a solo traveler, would love to know there are others on the route at the same time.
Many thanks!
I will be your front runner ;) I arrive to Leon (from Madrid Airport) on 10th April walking San Salvador for the first time, and continue from Oviedo via Camino Primitivo to Santiago - which I walked last year. You can look forward to a fantastic camino - I wish you buen camino and good luck.

Or, if you aren't staying there you can go to the albergue and buy the special credential for the Salvador. I had both my regular credential and my Salvador credential stamped each day.
I did, too.

I didn't arrange with anyone in advance to walk with them on this Camino, but when I got to the place where the Salvador pilgrims peel off from the Frances pilgrims in the morning parade, I found I wasn't the only pilgrim peeling off. There was a lovely couple from Salamanca (whom I hope to connect with again when I am back in Salamanca as a hospitalero in October) that I walked with that day. And in the albergue that night I met other pilgrims. The Salvador is by no means as busy with pilgrims as the Frances, or even the Primitivo, but there were a lot more pilgrims than the Madrid and it wasn't too hard to encounter other pilgrims if you wanted to.

You could also consider adding your April start date in Leon to this thread.

I am, though I might arrive at Leon a few days earlier.
A bit worried about the weather looking these few days.. hope the rain and snow would clear by that time.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'll probably leave Leon on the 29th or 30th, but I have a couple of things to consider before I make up my mind completely. If so, I want to walk a minimum of 9 days, mountain hiking has taught me enormous respect for both unpredictable weather and the fact that one km on flat terrain is something quite different from one km up and down.

Yes, it's good to know there are more people on the trail. (In Norway we have a thing called something like "the 9 mountain wise rules" which "everyone" knows and all children learn early in school. No. 1 is: plan well, and always let others know where you are going).

I'm thinking of the eight og nine days alternativ suggested here:

Thinking of adding an extra day to initial plan already mentioned. If we stop at Cabanillas we hope to go on to Buiza in order to start the Mountain route early in the day, then stopping at both Poladura and Pajares before Benduenos. We'll leave Leon on 25th April. A 27km first day seems a bit much, and then a short 10km between Cabanillas and La Robla seems very short. We can hopefully let you know how we are getting on.

Many thanks!
Hi! I will be with my husband traveling San Salvador from April 29. Coming to Leon that day in the afternoon from Madrid.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you for your note. Actually now arriving in Madrid/Leon on 23Apr and starting the walk on 25Mar with a member of my 2011 family. Perhaps we will see each other somewhere on the trail. Been Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

(Soon-) Live from the Camino del Salvador - starting end of April 24. We are currently on the Camino de Invierno around 43km before reaching Santiago - from there we will catch a bus to Leon to...
First time posting Live? Left León at 8am. Arrived at Cabanillas 2. The path is very beautiful. 20km total. Followed the River. At first town we went to the lovely Bar and Tienda. I bought cheese...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back