• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

luggage Lisbon to Santiago

Teresa fletcher

tess and ian from australia
Time of past OR future Camino
plan walking from Lisbon in early may 2014
greetings, we will be sending two bags from Lisbon to Santiago awaiting our humble arrival. advice on how to do this would be good. Walking May June 2014.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Teresa,
Ivar has a storage service; I mailed some items from the Lisbon post office to him and got it when I arrived in Santiago. Who knows; you may be able to meet him! (If not, he has an arrangement with a baker around the corner from his office to help people get their stuff.)
Happy New Year and Com Caminho soon! You'll love it this walk (there are ugly parts, bad parts but many many good parts)!

Hi Teresa,
Ivar has a storage service; I mailed some items from the Lisbon post office to him and got it when I arrived in Santiago. Who knows; you may be able to meet him! (If not, he has an arrangement with a baker around the corner from his office to help people get their stuff.)
Happy New Year and Com Caminho soon! You'll love it this walk (there are ugly parts, bad parts but many many good parts)!

thanks Heather, from the way you talk it sounds like Ivar is famous/wellknown. Did i see an add for him somewhere on the website. and I think I read a good bad ugly piece from you, just tried to find that - didn't. but .. did see a two minutes of normality weren't good....! looks like you carried a big pack

thanks Heather, from the way you talk it sounds like Ivar is famous/wellknown. Did i see an add for him somewhere on the website. and I think I read a good bad ugly piece from you, just tried to find that - didn't. but .. did see a two minutes of normality weren't good....! looks like you carried a big pack

Ivar is the founder and owner of the Forum. You can see info about the luggage storage service in here: http://www.caminodesantiago.me/luggage-storage-in-santiago-de-compostela/

Best Regards
Diogo

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Hi Teresa,

As my good buddy Diogo said above, this is Ivar's forum that you are a part of. He provides an amazing service to the pilgrims on Camino, before going on the Camino or after finishing the Camino. This forum holds a wealth of information on everything you would want to know about the Camino (all the trails), including luggage storage services.

If you look in my note to you, I mention there are some ugly parts to the Camino Portugese (such as the first number of days walking 30+ km/day, mostly on asphalt and when walking in the sun/heat, having the unwanted company of many many flies all buzzing around our faces), some bad parts (such as the rain rain rain and some places--a eucalyptus forest, outside of Golegã--where the yellow arrows pilgrims use for waymarking, are difficult to find or missing) and some very very very good parts (the Portuguese people, the food, the scenery, the architecture, the places to stay, etc etc etc etc)! That may be what you are referring to when you said 'you read a good bad ugly piece from' me?

My pack wasn't any larger than anyone elses, and by the time my photo was taken (about 150 km from Santiago), I had weaned it down to only the things that I really needed. It only looks big in the picture b/c it sits tall on my back. A pack (on me) that sits lower down would rest on my sacroiliac joints (low back/hip; both sides of the body) and would make walking extremely uncomfortable, if not really difficult. As well, I have my rain cover on the pack; it was a size bigger than I needed for my daypack, so perhaps it also makes the pack look bigger than it really is. :)

Cheers!
Heather
(Awaiting yet another snow storm tonight and tomorrow. Possibly another 10 cm of snow to add to my roof, which already has in some places about 2' of snow on it. And to add to the misery, it's -22°C, with a windchill factor of -31°C here on little PEI right now. Brrrrr! This hot tea is really warming and tasty!)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, I am trying to confirm that starting my walk from O Porriño qualifies for the last 100 km, and qualifies for a Compostela. I am finding conflicting information in different places. Camino...
Barcelos was having a huge May 1 celebration when we passed through. There was a major unveiling of a sculpture titled Peregrina the following day—very big event. We weren’t there, so I lifted a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back