• For 2024 Pilgrims: ā‚¬50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage storage

Scottteresa30

Time of past OR future Camino
My husband and I will be walking from Sarria late sept 2016 for our 30th anniversary
Can someone tell me how much it is to store your luggage at the post office and Santiago.
And what are their hours?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

ā‚¬60,-
You will find the information about shipping luggage to Santiago along with prices for storage on the Correos website.

I recently sent an email to Correos asking when luggage and packages can be picked up at the Santiago office, and this was the response:

you can pick up your suitcase or backpack the seven days of the week, from 8.30 to 20.30.

Does anyone know if this service is available from Porto? If I havenā€™t ordered a Paq ahead of time, do Portuguese post offices carry them?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Does anyone know if this service is available from Porto? If I havenā€™t ordered a Paq ahead of time, do Portuguese post offices carry them?
No, it's not available in Porto because it's a different postal system. I'd look at having my luggage shipped via Tuitrans or another luggage service - they do direct transport in addition to daily transfer.

Hi, sorry to muscle in on your question but I have a related question, is there a luggage storage service at Porto airport? We have had to shorten our Camino trip as we were delayed leaving Australia but donā€™t want to postpone until next year. we want to walk for 10 days and then return to Porto. Weā€˜ll have other baggage so we need to store it until our return. Iā€™ve looked at several websites but nome provide enough information.

Hi, sorry to muscle in on your question but I have a related question, is there a luggage storage service at Porto airport? We have had to shorten our Camino trip as we were delayed leaving Australia but donā€™t want to postpone until next year. we want to walk for 10 days and then return to Porto. Weā€˜ll have other baggage so we need to store it until our return. Iā€™ve looked at several websites but nome provide enough information.
I would look for a hotel that offers luggage storage.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Just wondering if you found a hotel to store your luggage? Iā€™m planning to do the same thing as you so would be interested to know if you were able to find somewhere?
Lisa
We ended up sending our luggage through to Tui and then picked it up from there. As we were delayed leaving Australia, we had big decisions on whether we could keep going in the time window we had and no way of knowing whether we would be able to achieve it, we didnā€™t want to be dictated to by our luggage and we wanted to do the Camino at our pace. We decided to use TuiTran and they have a storage service in their office and will keep your luggage for you until you arrive in Tui. That way we could decide when we got there on whether to send it on to SdC if we were to continue. As it turned out we took one day more than we had planned to get to Tui so left the Camino there and weā€™ll pick it up again in Tui next year and finish the rest of the Camino. Tuitrans were very good, so prompt, Iā€™d get an email response back in 5 minutes each time I had a question and they have a service where they will send your luggage to the hotel of your choice when you arrive, having stored it for the period. We will probably do the same again next year, starting again at Tui, store the bags there and then have them send the bags through to Santiago in time for our arrival. There are other services including Ivarā€™s but this one just worked out for us.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We ended up sending our luggage through to Tui and then picked it up from there. As we were delayed leaving Australia, we had big decisions on whether we could keep going in the time window we had and no way of knowing whether we would be able to achieve it, we didnā€™t want to be dictated to by our luggage and we wanted to do the Camino at our pace. We decided to use TuiTran and they have a storage service in their office and will keep your luggage for you until you arrive in Tui. That way we could decide when we got there on whether to send it on to SdC if we were to continue. As it turned out we took one day more than we had planned to get to Tui so left the Camino there and weā€™ll pick it up again in Tui next year and finish the rest of the Camino. Tuitrans were very good, so prompt, Iā€™d get an email response back in 5 minutes each time I had a question and they have a service where they will send your luggage to the hotel of your choice when you arrive, having stored it for the period. We will probably do the same again next year, starting again at Tui, store the bags there and then have them send the bags through to Santiago in time for our arrival. There are other services including Ivarā€™s but this one just worked out for us.
Thanks so much for your response. It sounds like a good approach. Can I just clarify - did TuiTran pick up your luggage from your hotel in Lisbon?

Thanks so much for your response. It sounds like a good approach. Can I just clarify - did TuiTran pick up your luggage from your hotel in Lisbon?
We sent the bags on from Porto, they picked them up from our hotel after we left.

It`s been a few years, but I also used Tuitrans on my camino. They collected my luggage from the hotel in Porto, kept it in their deposit and delivered to a hotel I booked in Santiago the day before my arrival. They were really responsive. Good to hear the services are still on point :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost ā‚¬12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

ā“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back