• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Luggage transfer

bkkboy

Time of past OR future Camino
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since they are cheaper, my traveling companion prefers to transfer her luggage by courier.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Some may accept luggage transfer. The transfer service will know for certain which ones accept a pack. Most of the donation based albergues run by volunteers will not and the Xunta albergues in Galicia do not.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks all. Can I get luggage delivered from Orisson to Albergue de Peregrinos de Orreaga in Roncesvalles?

After the first week on the Frances, I developed a terrible set of blisters (NEVER get a pedicure before you go). I am recovered enough to walk 25K without problem. But, there are NO hills here. I want to use a luggage service for a stage or two before taking up my rucksack. Does a Pilgrim need to contract at the start to use the luggage service or can he/she pay for each stage individually? I will restart in Leon. Thanks.

Although I have never used a courier, my experience is that you leave your backpack at the auberge with an envelope containg that day's courier charge.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You can use luggage transport on a day by day basis as you see fit.

List here: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...ansport-companies-on-the-camino-a-list.80252/

They will often deliver it to a bar in town.
but omit to tell you that fact one stressful afternoon in Granon before I found mine

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You can decide daily. Most services just have tags that you put on your bag, and a website to register it and send payment. Super easy.

Most read last week in this forum