• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Lugo - Santiago bus

Leemac40

Time of past OR future Camino
Baztan - September 2nd
Hi everyone, buen camino! I am planning my camino from oviedo to lugo then getting the bus to Santiago, is it best to book this bus or can you just pay on the day?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi everyone, buen camino! I am planning my camino from oviedo to lugo then getting the bus to Santiago, is it best to book this bus or can you just pay on the day?
Generally the driver can not sell you a ticket and so you need to buy a ticket beforehand from an agent or the bus station. Buying it on the day, just before you leave is certainly a possibility. I have no idea how busy that route is though so I can't give advice on if it might be prudent to buy it before your day of departure.

I'm a bit of a pro planner which I did want to avoid on the camino but due to time constraints and covid regs in Albergue have booked everything so will go ahead and book the bus just to be sure, thanks for help Doughnut..... Love the name

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
If you are riding on Alsa their website is in English, just click on the tab on top and it is super easy to buy tickets.

Since you will be taking the bus to Santiago I'm assuming that you don't want to receive a Compostela?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Alsa.com is in English. Alsa.es is in Spanish.

We've just turned up and bought tickets in Lugo but I always feel more relaxed if I've bought on line ahead of time.

Alsa is owned by the UK National Express coach operator.

Yes, you can buy a ticket the same day at the bus station. A big station with different time schedules to Santiago. If you have to wait for one hour or two there is a nice bar next to the station Good Luck and Buen Camino on the Primitivo

Most read last week in this forum