• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Madrid Accommodation Recomendation

marjorita

OK, I am "this" close to confirming my flight path to Madrid to start my camino in Burgos. I arrive in Madrid at 8PM ,on September 2nd, not a great time to be looking for a place to stay for the night. Does anyone have a recommendation for a place that I can get to easily from the airport to spend the night and then catch the train or bus to Burgos the following day? My travel agent has suggested I spend the night at the Auditorium. It has dismal reviews. I don't think I need to "experience" Madrid upon arrival but will have more time to explore when I return to Canada October 6th. I am 45 years old, a sola traveller and have so-called intermediate spanish. I study spanish at university and I have spent big chunks of time in Cuba and Mexico. And right now, I am feeling a tad overwhelmed. Thanks for any suggestions you might have. Muchas gracias por todos.
Margarita

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello Marjorita

I have stayed a couple of times at the Hotel Riesco which is situated on a side street off Puerta del Sol. Very easy to get to by underground (though a couple of changes are required). It is within walking distance of the main plaza and restaurant area etc.

It is 35 euros for an en suite single.

http://www.eurocheapo.com/madrid/hotel/ ... iesco.html

Its old fashioned but clean.

I looked into all the travel options from Madrid to Burgos and like John found the bus was the quickest option. I think more than one company does this route but I used continental-auto. The journey takes about 2 3/4 hours.

As I have mentioned on this forum before I had my luggage snatched off my trolley at Madrid airport - right in front of a security guard! - so keep a tight hold of your belongings as these people are real professionals.

Have a great journey!

Buen camino

Laura

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you all so much for the great and thorough information and seemingly instant! I decided to splurge a bit and I have just made my booking at Hotel Europa. The trip is becoming more real all the time.

As many people have said before, this is a great forum. Estoy agradecida...mucho.
Thanks again. mg

Most read last week in this forum