• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Madrid accommodation

Tixunau

Good day,

I am looking for some suggestions on where I should be staying in Madrid. I will be coming back from Santiago and be in Madrid at about 9pm next Sunday. (May11) I have a flight to catch on Monday morning at 8am therefore I would need to be at the airport by 6am.

There was a previous thread about accommodation in Madrid which was helpful but I would like someone to recommend me a specific hotel that either is close to the airport or will have a shuttle service to the airport early in the morning. My assumption is that tax would work too but was not sure if they run that early in the morning.

On a side note, I want to use that last night to go around a little. Not looking for some crazy night lives but some good place to eat and relax while enjoying Spain culture. Any suggestions is also welcome.

Thank you and very excited to leave tomrrow.

Cheers!
Minh

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

We stay at the Best Western Hotel Villa De Barajas. It is lovely, restaurants right across the street and very close to the airport with shuttle service.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express "Airport" and were not impressed. Despite the name, it was actually a long way from the airport and had no in-house shuttle, so it required a fairly expensive taxi ride. We were able to share a taxi back to the airport on the morning of departure, so that helped, but overall I would not recommend that hotel.

We always stay at Hostel Vicki in Barajas village (not out of the town where all the big hotel chains are). It's very nice and modern. We take the metro from the airport for 2 stops and then walk the approx 1 km to the hotel. The village has a set of restaurants all around the large village square. They have a free shuttle service to the airport. I think its about Euro 50. No breakfast. You can check their web site. Anne

There is a hotel at Chamartin Station where your train from Santiago terminates.

In AM catch Cercanius Chamartin to Airport T4 or Metro Chamartin to Airport T1-T2-T3 or T4.

The Cercanius starts running at 0529 and takes 11 minutes. The Metro starts at 0605 and takes 30 minutes.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum