• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Madrid accommodation

Tixunau

Good day,

I am looking for some suggestions on where I should be staying in Madrid. I will be coming back from Santiago and be in Madrid at about 9pm next Sunday. (May11) I have a flight to catch on Monday morning at 8am therefore I would need to be at the airport by 6am.

There was a previous thread about accommodation in Madrid which was helpful but I would like someone to recommend me a specific hotel that either is close to the airport or will have a shuttle service to the airport early in the morning. My assumption is that tax would work too but was not sure if they run that early in the morning.

On a side note, I want to use that last night to go around a little. Not looking for some crazy night lives but some good place to eat and relax while enjoying Spain culture. Any suggestions is also welcome.

Thank you and very excited to leave tomrrow.

Cheers!
Minh

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Good day,

I am looking for some suggestions on where I should be staying in Madrid. I will be coming back from Santiago and be in Madrid at about 9pm next Sunday. (May11) I have a flight to catch on Monday morning at 8am therefore I would need to be at the airport by 6am.

There was a previous thread about accommodation in Madrid which was helpful but I would like someone to recommend me a specific hotel that either is close to the airport or will have a shuttle service to the airport early in the morning. My assumption is that tax would work too but was not sure if they run that early in the morning.

On a side note, I want to use that last night to go around a little. Not looking for some crazy night lives but some good place to eat and relax while enjoying Spain culture. Any suggestions is also welcome.

Thank you and very excited to leave tomrrow.

Cheers!
Minh

We stay at the Best Western Hotel Villa De Barajas. It is lovely, restaurants right across the street and very close to the airport with shuttle service.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express "Airport" and were not impressed. Despite the name, it was actually a long way from the airport and had no in-house shuttle, so it required a fairly expensive taxi ride. We were able to share a taxi back to the airport on the morning of departure, so that helped, but overall I would not recommend that hotel.

We always stay at Hostel Vicki in Barajas village (not out of the town where all the big hotel chains are). It's very nice and modern. We take the metro from the airport for 2 stops and then walk the approx 1 km to the hotel. The village has a set of restaurants all around the large village square. They have a free shuttle service to the airport. I think its about Euro 50. No breakfast. You can check their web site. Anne

There is a hotel at Chamartin Station where your train from Santiago terminates.

In AM catch Cercanius Chamartin to Airport T4 or Metro Chamartin to Airport T1-T2-T3 or T4.

The Cercanius starts running at 0529 and takes 11 minutes. The Metro starts at 0605 and takes 30 minutes.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back