• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Madrid to Sahagún

Dayle Robertson

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2018 and planning a return in 2019.
We are trying to get from Madrid to Sahagún on May 16th to start the last half of the Camino Frances. We haven’t booked our transport yet and are undecided about using the bus or the train. The difference in cost is negligible. Any thoughts about this?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'm travelling from Madrid to Leon mid-April to restart the next installment of our Camino. We're using the train for the first time; will let you know how it compares to the bus when done.

I'm travelling from Madrid to Leon mid-April to restart the next installment of our Camino. We're using the train for the first time; will let you know how it compares to the bus when done.
Thanks! Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I think the trip on the bus is an hour or two longer. I have taken the train and the bus on portion of this route. The buses I rode on made a lot of stops.

I would say use your feet. Madrid - Sahagun is exactly start and end of Camino de Madrid

This web page shows me equal travelling time for bus and train:

Buen Camino!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You can get up and walk about on a train. There is, usually more leg room and luggage space; and the toilets are, usually, more civilized.
However, you don’t get to chat with the driver and the “proxima estacion” announcements take all the guesswork out of traveling...

Thanks! Buen Camino!

Just back from our latest stage of the CF. I said I'd get back to you: train from Madrid to Leon was great. 2hours 15 minutes - comfy and relaxing. Getting back to Madrid from Sarria took a little longer - 6.5 hours! However, every alternative mode of transport seemed to take this long. On balance, I'd go for the train and I was always a big fan of the excellent bus services.

Most read last week in this forum