• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Magnum Ice Cream

Bajaracer

Camino Frances 2013 Jun-Jul SJPDP to Finisterre
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2013) Jun-Jul SJPDP to Finisterre
I noticed a photo of Magnum Ice Cream bars on another site and it brought back memories of Magnum Blanco for me, I know most of us that have walked the Camino had them almost every day, sometimes twice in the same day to reward ourselves after a long day of walking.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Kas Limone, fondly remembered.
What a refreshing treat along the Way.
I think I would go back just for that!
Cheryl

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I noticed a photo of Magnum Ice Cream bars on another site and it brought back memories of Magnum Blanco for me, I know most of us that have walked the Camino had them almost every day, sometimes twice in the same day to reward ourselves after a long day of walking.
Vanilla Cornetto... Different taste to the Vanilla at home. Mmmm.

Kas Limon and cerveza. Half and half. Puts a spring in your step.

Kas Limone, fondly remembered.
What a refreshing treat along the Way.
I think I would go back just for that!
Cheryl

Kas Limone- yes- that speaks to me of hot days on the Camino. I remember arriving at the albergue in Lorca with sweat dripping off my red face- and a couple of drinks of Kas Limone, complete with lots of ice, was just what I needed. Brings back memories of the kind hospitalero there as well...
Margaret

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hehe...when I arrived in Castrojeriz. ...I asked for a double Kas Limone. It was served in a pint glass. ;)
Kaz Limone and Calippo Limone but I had some magnums as well even thou I'm lactose intolerant.

Aqua Rius Limone was our drink of choice this year during pit stops when it was too hot for cafe con leche. I didn't see it last year. I was amazed to see people having beer or wine on route early in the day, I would just want to have a siesta after those. I saved those for after we got settled for the day.

I love Magnums, they're available across Europe and pretty common in the UK. In fact, I've got a pack in the freezer. I'm not keen on the white ones though. Magnum Infinity for me with extra chocolate :)

Aqua Rius Limone was our drink of choice this year during pit stops when it was too hot for cafe con leche. I didn't see it last year. I was amazed to see people having beer or wine on route early in the day, I would just want to have a siesta after those. I saved those for after we got settled for the day.

I remember being in the airport in Santiago at around 7am and there was a guy in the cafe having red wine with his breakfast. I saw a few Spanish people uncorking the bottle at around 10am on the Camino.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
[quote="KiwiNomad06, post: 167617, Brings back memories of the kind hospitalero there as well...
Margaret[/quote]
The wonderful Jose Ramon :)

Last year we passed through Melide at 10 am, but "had" to try the pulpo. We had it with Fanta Limone, but saw a fellow pilgrim having his with a whole bottle of wine! We watched him later weaving his way down the road.
This year we had pulpo in the evening , with red wine. Much better!

Am I the only person who doesn't like Kas Limon? It's too astringent for me - it feels like it's stripping the enamel from my teeth.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
If there was one thing I enjoyed about Pilgrim meals, it was ice cream for dessert. :)

At the end of a hot day on the Meseta, I did enjoy a nice cold Cerveza/Limon.

Ultreya,
Joe

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The film "Ice Cold in Alex" - that moment when they have finally made it across the desert and are standing in dry-mouthed anticipation at the bar watching the cold cold beers being poured and frosting up the glasses - that moment ....... a pilgrim moment in every way!

At the end of a hot day on the Meseta, I did enjoy a nice cold Cerveza/Limon.

Ultreya,
Joe

A girl in El Acebo introduced me to clara which I believe is beer and lemonade? Although I was later in a place that was making it with fizzy mineral water as well. Great on a hot day. My lunchtime beer was a real happy tradition. I ditched caffeine on the Camino so I felt it was justified :)

One of my favourite memories from Mexico was chiladas: cerveza, juice of a lime, served in a glass with a salt rim. Fantastic. The ultimate hot day drink.

Bajaracer. STOP IT! This minute!
[I'm on a fasting day, and I love those white Magnums :rolleyes:]

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
A girl in El Acebo introduced me to clara which I believe is beer and lemonade?

Now you're talking (sorry so off-topic)! An Italian peregrino introduced me to the clara con limón when we were walking the Vía de la Plata in the dead of summer. I am not a beer drinker but that combo is such a thirst quencher after a day's walk. I guess for some of you this is a shandy.

If you ask for just a clara you usually get a combination of beer and a sort of sprite/7-up which is called gaseosa. Gaseosa is also used to make tinto de verano (combo with vino tinto). Now I am really off-topic.

Now back to Magnums which I never ate. And to think of it I also never saw anyone eating one.

Most read last week in this forum

I have noticed a few threads about cards and with drawing money. For me as a UK citizen with the top 3 overseas cards, Chase, Clarirty and Barclay card, the main issue is where to find low fee ATM...
I found this interesting, and thought others might too...
Hi I am curious to know what snake this is, just after Astorga before Murias de Rechivaldo ... lovely little thing!
Got a notification from my Phone that we started our first Camino 8 years ago today... We accidently left our phone charger and Kindle charger at Orrison along with our euro plug adapter and...
I'm at the airport, suddenly being nostalgic. If you had to choose one sello as your most valuable, why would it be that one? Could be a religious or spiritual experience, the people you met...
We are leaving Sahagún and can’t find any coffee for breakfast. Any advice or has someone seen any on the way. Saludos Nando

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back