• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

May 2014

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
So excited only a few days until my crazy adventure begins can't wait to meet some of you :)
Buen Camino Alice! I'll be right behind you! Pamplona next Monday! I feel like the most blessed person in all of Idaho! Kelly

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Stepping off from SJPP on Sunday, 11 May. I am walking it with my cousin from Texas whom I haven't seen in 28 years. It will be a good reunion.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi y'all! I will be leaving from the great state of Alabama on May 25th to start from SJPdP May 27th! I can't wait!!
I will be leaving the great state of California on May 25 and starting from SJPDP on the 29th write behind you. I am soooooo excited, hopefully we will meet on the trail. Buen Camino:)

I arrive in SJPDP on May 10th and intend to leave SJPDP for Santiago de Compostela on May 12th. Perhaps we will meet and share some "James G. Blaine Oregon stories"?
Buen Camino

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I leave for Paris tomorrow (Tuesday, 4/29). If all goes as planned, I'll be arriving by train in SJPdP on Thursday morning. Then that afternoon, on up to Orisson.

I am beyond excited.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi, I'm planning to walk the Camino Frances in May 2014. I'm so glad I discovered this forum.
Hi SLF, did you add your start dates onto the calendar. There is a link below that takes you to the Camino Calendar 2013. click on new calendar and then add event, add your details and date you leave. You can see who else is leaving around your dates. You'll be a week ahead of me lucky thing. I'm really getting excited now; apprehensive too as its my first Camino. This forum has been invaluable to me for my planning so thank you Ivar for putting this together and to all that contribute. Cheerio Gesha

€60,-
Well, for those of us May 2014 Pilgrims, if you are not as yet excited about our pilgrimage this month of May, certainly you can get the feeling/excitement of our pilgrimage being close just by clicking on the EVENTS tab at top of the forum. Today is the first time since joining the forum and adding my "start"date that when I click on the EVENTS tab I do not have to change the month to May. True sign that it will not be long now. Guess that I best take to heart some of the ideas from forum members for reducing my pack weight and unload my pack and toss something out one more time.......
Buen Camino Todos!!!

"It won't be long now" Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. "Beatles"

Ed

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Arrive in Pamplona May 8th.

Hope to meet some of you on the camino.

Cheers
Sean from Seattle
Sean, I will be in pamplona on the 7th! Traveling from Idaho! We are practically neighbors:) I'll probably be a slower pace...I didn't get as much training in as I hoped to! Look for the teal green osprey packer:) Buen camino!

Lifelong Californian currently living in Hamburg, Germany, (nice city, bad decision, long story) walking the Camino for the first time starting May 7 from Ponferrada (starting point) to Santiago. Decided to do this 2 days ago. Unprepared, no training, almost no Spanish, but very spontaneous/flexible/optimistic by nature (so I have a lot of work to do in a short amount of time - plane leaves in 4 days for Madrid). Excited, justifiably nervous and perhaps somewhat foolish. Hope to see some of you along the way (although I think most of you will be behind me given my starting point).

Lifelong Californian currently living in Hamburg, Germany, (nice city, bad decision, long story) walking the Camino for the first time starting May 7 from Ponferrada (starting point) to Santiago. Decided to do this 2 days ago. Unprepared, no training, almost no Spanish, but very spontaneous/flexible/optimistic by nature (so I have a lot of work to do in a short amount of time - plane leaves in 4 days for Madrid). Excited, justifiably nervous and perhaps somewhat foolish. Hope to see some of you along the way (although I think most of you will be behind me given my starting point).

You just gave me a heap of reassurance, I have been struggling with the fact that I haven't prepared myself physically for this trip. In terms of Spanish I know enough to get red wine. It is so exciting to throw yourself into an amazing journey. I do hope you have an incredible time. I will be quite a few days behind you at a very slow pace but regardless, beun camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I will try not to drink it all, but I can't guarantee you will find any left in Burgos after I celebrate my birthday there again on the 20th/21st. (I'm getting older, it takes me longer to do so everything now). o_O

We are ALL getting older . . . That's a good thing (beats the alternative . . .)
Happy Birthday and Buen Camino !

Last night before departure to Porto. Start walking on monday :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Last night before departure to Porto. Start walking on monday :)
Last Night before me before departure to Madrid . . . Start walking on Monday too, from Irun (CdN) . . .
Buen Camino !

Thanks CanPete. Like your take on the alternative.
For those who don't speak Spanish may I assure you that if you can say "cafe con leche" and "Vino Tinto" you are fluent enough!
Buen Camino a todos.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
For those flying into Madrid, getting the metro to the train station and then catching a train to Pamplona, please write a quick description, instruction guide, when you have the time an WiFi, for the dummies like me! I leave next Friday and it would be so so so helpful. Its odd, I'm not worrying about walking the wrong way to Santiago yet I am stressed out about how to get to the the train station! !!

I will be leaving the great state of California on May 25 and starting from SJPDP on the 29th write behind you. I am soooooo excited, hopefully we will meet on the trail. Buen Camino:)
I arrive in Roncesvalles on the 28th May, leaving on the 29th so may meet up on the road

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Rani. After leaving Roncesvalles on the 29th may I am spending 2 nights in Espinal. Starting slowly and giving myself time to recover from the long flight, so quite possible our paths will cross.

Hello all...arrived in Madrid and heading to Pamplona tomorrow. I'm heading to roncesvalles on the 8th where I will begin my camino. Anyone else starting around that time? Would love to meet up. Cheers

Sean

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Omg! @LAX awaiting departure to Madrid! My dream is becoming reality! Buen Camino!

Hello all...arrived in Madrid and heading to Pamplona tomorrow. I'm heading to roncesvalles on the 8th where I will begin my camino. Anyone else starting around that time? Would love to meet up. Cheers

Sean
I'll be leaving from Pamplona the morning of the 8th... I'm beginning there and going as far as I can in 2 weeks! I'm sure we'll pass each other at some point:) Buen Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ah thank you! I'm surprised at how many people were here at 5 am (4 hours before my flight lol)... City life is crazy! I've never been on a plane longer than 7 hours so this should be interesting:)

Hi Rani. After leaving Roncesvalles on the 29th may I am spending 2 nights in Espinal. Starting slowly and giving myself time to recover from the long flight, so quite possible our paths will cross.
Hi Issy, looks like we should cross paths. I start in STJdP on the 29th, right behind you. I will have my Forum Patch on my blue back pack. Buen Camino:)

Sean
I'll be in Pamplona on the 10th, leaving on the 12th to start my very long walk. Nerves kicking in a bit now. Keep us posted. Angie.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
3 more sleeps. Keep packing my sack, unpacking, repacking! No matter what I seem to take out and hope I won't need it's still too heavy. Ah well, looking forward to lightning my load in all ways along this Camino.

I am at Orly airport now, waiting for the flight to Biarritz. Looking forward to spending the night in SJPP and starting my walk tomorrow!

Angie, where are you walking from?Would I be right in assuming you are starting Sunday? If so and from SJPdP our paths might cross as I am flying Standstead to Biarritz on Saturday and set out from SJPdP on Sunday morning.

Angie, where are you walking from?Would I be right in assuming you are starting Sunday? If so and from SJPdP our paths might cross as I am flying Standstead to Biarritz on Saturday and set out from SJPdP on Sunday morning.
I'm not as brave as u Al. I'm starting from Pamplona but I not plan on rushing so u may well catch up (overtake) me haha. Yellow- ish backpack. Camino badge and a Scottish badge. Bright red out of puff face so I won't be hard to miss!

I'm not as brave as u Al. I'm starting from Pamplona but I'm not planning to rush so u may well catch up, or (overtake) me haha. Yellow- ish backpack. Camino badge and a Scottish badge. Bright red out of puff face so I won't be hard to miss!

We start from SJPDP on the 16th so I look forward to meeting others starting the same day - we will head off around 8 because that's when our bags are being collected :)

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum mobile app

Can't wait for the 27th when I arrive in Pamplona.

Walked 65 miles last week and 10 miles yesterday.

I don't want to train anymore - I just want to start the Camino.

Patience never was my strong point:)

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Will be passing through Pamplona on the 28th. If you see 4 Irish sisters say hello.

Starting in Burgos on the 20th of May. Arrive in Santiago 8th of June. Anyone else setting out from Burgos on that date.
Buen Camino fellow pilgrims.

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum

Of course people will be setting out how silly of me. Wondering what the weather is like around Burgos now.

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum

Hi all I I will be arriving at terradillos de Los templarios this afternoon if anyone is nearby. Hope your all having as much fun as my blisters included

Buen camino

Alice :)

Hi sorry haven't had internet for a while I will be in hospital de Orbigo tomorrow night if your close?

€83,-
You all are sooo lucky to be heading off this May. I wish I were going. My camino begins May 2015. I'll be watching your out come of you experiences. Weather, lodging, how you were feeling as you walked. I will continue working on my gear and getting in as many miles as I can before my adventure. God bless you all!

Hi Tink, I am also walking around the 17th May 2015 :) i am so excited and constantly looking at the forum for any advice from shoes to backpacks to weather, albergues etc, etc......Buen Camino Natalie

Hello Natmac,
Good to meet you:) I too have been looking at all the necessities for the big journey. It's good we allow ourselves plenty of time to get this all figured out. It can get expensive. I purchased a pack from REI at their garage sale non the less and planning to start wearing it regularly in September. It feels stiff right now. I've tried on so many different shoes.....omg! I'm thinking of the keens because of the larger toe box. There's so much to think about! And then the training. Lots of that. I have been fortunate to find a couple in my town who went on their camino this last May. I've just begun the questions!
The forum is a good source of information. Also YouTube. There are lots of stories out there. I have been researching for the last 6 months. If I can help with anything let me know.
Buen Camino
Shirley

On Jul 14, 2014, at 12:26 AM, Ivar <ivar@caminodesantiago.me> wrote:

Camino de Santiago Forum
Tink, Natmac replied to a thread you are watching at Camino de Santiago Forum.

May 2014

Tink
You all are sooo lucky to be heading off this May. I wish I were going. My camino begins May 2015. I'll be watching your out come of you experiences. Weather, lodging, how you were feeling as you walked. I will continue working on my gear and getting in as many miles as I can before my adventure. God bless you all!
Hi Tink, I am also walking around the 17th May 2015 i am so excited and constantly looking at the forum for any advice from shoes to backpacks to weather, albergues etc, etc......Buen Camino Natalie
View This Thread
Unread Watched Threads
This message was sent to you because you opted to watch the thread May 2014 at Camino de Santiago Forum with email notification of new replies. You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails from this thread or disable all emails.

http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Will be passing through Pamplona on the 28th. If you see 4 Irish sisters say hello.
Hey, I just read this post and I DID see the 4 Irsh sisters!!!! You guys were a Hoot!! I was with Trish and Brian (my camino family) who were also from Ireland. Ed

Hey, I just read this post and I DID see the 4 Irsh sisters!!!! You guys were a Hoot!! I was with Trish and Brian (my camino family) who were also from Ireland. Ed
Hi HalfDomeOrBust,
That's mad. I can't believe you saw us!!
Going back next May to pick up where we left off.
Hope you had a great camino.
Audrey

Superb Camino!!! Met sooo many wonderful new friends!!!!
Sorry that I did not stay longer at the Bar with the Irish sisters and Trish/Brian but I needed my sleep. ha ha....
Doing it again Sept 2015 only this time a bit slower........

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I'm a couple of days behind you xin lol, starting on May 18 from SJPP but if you take a rest day somewhere along The Way, perhaps we'll get to meet. Buen Camino. Pennie
Hi pbucella. I will also be starting from SJPP on the 18th. Hopefully we will meet along the route. Arrive SJPP on the 17th but may change that to the 16th. Then staying at Orrison on the 18th. Bueno Camino.

Hi HalfDomeOrBust,
That's mad. I can't believe you saw us!!
Going back next May to pick up where we left off.
Hope you had a great camino.
Audrey
What are the dates you will be on the Camino in May 2015? I may be there as well.....

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.