• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Miam Miam Dodo app

Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Via Podiensis, Voie d'Arles, Aragonés
Is the Miam Miam Dodo app for the GR65 still available? I couldn't seem to find it on iTunes. Is it only available for the iPhone? I have an android.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I can only offer this: to find it on the iPhone you need to search for "imiam".

Does anyone know when the iMiam app for GR 65 is updated each year? I see that you can purchase the 2013, 2014 and 2015 GR65 editions but no 2016 as of today. I'm starting in July.

I see that the 2016 guidebook is out.

Thanks,

Karl

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I understand it is annual, first coming out in the spring of 2013, but couldn't find out when the next one will be published. The guidebooks are published in November/December.

Pam

the app is still there but no 2016 data yet [2015 guide only] ... tricky to find ... i typed ‘iMiam itunes’ into safari and it took me to iTunes that way ... yuk :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello All,

Any other updates on this? I did find the app on the Apple App Store but cannot manage to load a route. When I try to purchase one, I get an error message that says something like: iOdyssée: This guide is not referenced. Please renew your purchase later (my french is poor). Any ideas on this? I suspect the application does not work with my iPhone 6s OS.

Many thanks!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
It should work fine with your iPhone.

You do NOT buy the route guides at the App Store.

You only buy the iMiam app at the App Store, which you may have already done.

You open the app and will get a message in French that says you have no guide installed. It asks if you would like to go to the catalogue.

Click on OUI (YES).

This takes you to a map. Slide it to southern France. There should be a purple headed pin stuck in Le Puy just north of Val-Pres-Le-Puy. Click on the pin. A flag saying GR 65 Edition 2015 will come up. (If you get Edition 2014 look for a another pin nearby, just to the East when I did it.)

Click on the Blue arrow after 2015. A screen will give you price info (11.95€). In the lower left hand corner is an Acheter (Buy) button. Click on it to buy.

From this point on you are on your own; I'm holding out for the 2016 edition and did not go past this point. It probably asks for credit card info, etc.

Good luck!

Karl

Thanks Karl for your response. I have done exactly as you say and it is after I click the 'acheter' button that I get the error message. If you do succeed in the future please let me know. Thanks again.

it is after I click the 'acheter' button that I get the error message.
Hmm. . . I'd held off clicking Acheter to avoid inadvertently getting last year's edition. After seeing your post I went ahead and clicked Acheter and got what is probably the same message. Translated, it read: "This guide is not referenced. Please renew your purchase later." I tried the 2014 Edition - same result.

Has anyone else managed to purchase the GR 65 Edition 2015 guide for the iMiam app?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Has anyone else managed to purchase the GR 65 Edition 2015 guide for the iMiam app?
The Acheter button now seems to work. I did not actually purchase the 2015 Edition since I am holding out for the 2016 edition, but clicking on Acheter now triggers a request for my iStore password, so it looks like whatever the problem was, it is now resolved. I did not get the error message I got before.

Hi Karl, thanks for the update. As I am leaving in a few days, I went ahead and bought the 2015 version. It all worked and I am exploring the app. I will post a note a bit later with my thoughts.

I have now been using the app for six days in France. I would consider it a good investment. I had a chance to use an older version on the book and do like the very simple "page at a glance" usability. The app (besides not having a 2016 data set) is a bit more fussy with button pushing etc. But it works. I am using it and "ViewRanger" GPS app with free OpenCycle map and a free GPS track. It has all worked and let me rationalize bringing my iPad mini loaded with books which I am in fact reading. I have also saved PDFs from godesalco on the height profiles etc and scare myself each night.

Bon Chemin

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back