• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Montreal du Gers Accommadation

marbuck

Time of past OR future Camino
Condom to Pamplona April 2016.
Le Puy to Condom France - April-May 2015.
Roncesvalles to Santiago April - May 2014
Finisterre to Muxia May 2014
We are looking for a private room with WC in Montreal de Gers. As this is one of the "Most Beautiful Villagers" we would like to be inside the village. Anybody stayed in this village recently and could you recommend a place to stay? Good food is also something we like, where to eat?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
There are two Chambres d'hote in Montreal-du-Gers . I met someone who raved about the fabulous room and meal they had in one of them. There are two listed in MMDD. My guess is that it is the one called La Maison des Agapanthes.
I stayed at Gite La Halte du Rempart. Very nicely renovated stone building - dorm room of about 10 single beds. They serve dinner but I did not eat there. She makes very good coffee in the morning (a rarity in the gites!).

There's a reliable resto on the main square under the arches called L'Escale.

I'm not sure how this rates in terms of most beautiful. It's nice.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
There are two Chambres d'hote in Montreal-du-Gers . I met someone who raved about the fabulous room and meal they had in one of them. There are two listed in MMDD. My guess is that it is the one called La Maison des Agapanthes.
I stayed at Gite La Halte du Rempart. Very nicely renovated stone building - dorm room of about 10 single beds. They serve dinner but I did not eat there. She makes very good coffee in the morning (a rarity in the gites!).
We stayed at La Maison des Agapanthes in the fall of 2014, and highly recommend it. We had a large room and private bath. The meals were wonderful, as was the presentation. In fact, it was one of our favorite places when we think about the food on the walk. Bon Chemin!

We stayed at La Maison des Agapanthes in the fall of 2014, and highly recommend it. We had a large room and private bath. The meals were wonderful, as was the presentation. In fact, it was one of our favorite places when we think about the food on the walk. Bon Chemin!

Thanks for that, unfortunately according to MMD they do not open until the 1st April, we will be there on the 30th March. The other Chambre d'hotes 'Carpe Diem' is not answering their email.

For anybody interested in staying in Montreal du Gers, I emailed "La Maison des Agapanthes" yesterday about making a booking and they informed me that they have closed the Chambre d'hotes and are no longer taking bookings. But all is not lost, I found this site today http://www.tourisme-condom.co.uk/prepare-your-stay/where-stay/guest-houses?page=1 and surprising what private accommodation is available around Condom that is not mentioned in MMD.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
i think La Ressego may also be classed as a table d’hôte so you might expect excellent food there as well. Ferme la Couloumé also worth exploring -- sounds an interesting place on a 6th generation armagnac? farm but i have also read several ordinary reviews. Sometime though yoyr experience is exactly what you make of it ...

For anybody interested in staying in Montreal du Gers, I emailed "La Maison des Agapanthes" yesterday about making a booking and they informed me that they have closed the Chambre d'hotes and are no longer taking bookings. But all is not lost, I found this site today http://www.tourisme-condom.co.uk/prepare-your-stay/where-stay/guest-houses?page=1 and surprising what private accommodation is available around Condom that is not mentioned in MMD.
Hello again Marbuck
I have mentioned in other posts that I never booked ahead. The reason was that there were so many places to stay which were not listed in the various guide books. In discussion with other pilgrims/ pelerins we decided that the reason must be that the number of people walking has increased to such an extent that folks along the chemin/camino who have a spare room(s) are simply saying "hey we can make a few Euros here, now that the kids have gone".
bon chemin

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back