• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Music from Galicia - BBC Port w Julia Fowlis

Stivandrer

Perambulating & Curious. Rep stravaiging offender
Time of past OR future Camino
I´ve got Camino plans until 2042,
- or till I fall flat on my face, whichever comes first !!
Admit it; you are dying to go, but cannot, or will not, due to the current situation, and you will watch anything just vaguely touching Spain and the Camino - but food programs alone will not cut it...

Julie Fowlis is an interesting artist from the North of Scotland - and an accomplished singer , and dons the pipes too....
She and her Irish collegue from County Kerry meet local Galician artists and join in......
Julie Fowlis plays regularly at the Tønder Festival (DK), where I work as a volunteer...She makes wonderful sessions.

Galicia, Scotland & Ireland and Brittany are bound together by culture, music and language*.
Meeting in singing, fiddling and piping, they will catch on like a house on fire...
I have an old Live CD with Altan (Ireland) visiting Galicia, and the audience would not let them go, so it became a double CD!!

Enjoy

* Galicia is not yet formally given a full Celtic status...a bone of contention...

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Don't forget to watch the Asturias episode! Asturias is also a nation that has musical connections with Celtic nations.

Puxa Asturies!

I think Julie Fowlis and Muireann NicAmhlaoibh are incredible musicians.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
goes without saying....

I am Galician and I think that if Galicia is admitted in the club why not France, Belgium (Wallons) and more.
But. If the Celts settled or not in Galicia no doubt for me because I have a cute certificate base on DNA that says that I have Celtic origin.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you. I love the music. The Piper, as I walked through the tunnel in the square at SDC, made my Camino.

Two Galician bands--their music is incredible: Milledoiro and Berroguetto. I have played their music for years; long before I dreamt of the Camino.

Fabulous.Gura mile maith agat.
Thank you .

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum