• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Music from Galicia - BBC Port w Julia Fowlis

Stivandrer

Perambulating & Curious. Rep stravaiging offender
Time of past OR future Camino
I´ve got Camino plans until 2042,
- or till I fall flat on my face, whichever comes first !!
Admit it; you are dying to go, but cannot, or will not, due to the current situation, and you will watch anything just vaguely touching Spain and the Camino - but food programs alone will not cut it...

Julie Fowlis is an interesting artist from the North of Scotland - and an accomplished singer , and dons the pipes too....
She and her Irish collegue from County Kerry meet local Galician artists and join in......
Julie Fowlis plays regularly at the Tønder Festival (DK), where I work as a volunteer...She makes wonderful sessions.

Galicia, Scotland & Ireland and Brittany are bound together by culture, music and language*.
Meeting in singing, fiddling and piping, they will catch on like a house on fire...
I have an old Live CD with Altan (Ireland) visiting Galicia, and the audience would not let them go, so it became a double CD!!

Enjoy

* Galicia is not yet formally given a full Celtic status...a bone of contention...

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Don't forget to watch the Asturias episode! Asturias is also a nation that has musical connections with Celtic nations.

Puxa Asturies!

I think Julie Fowlis and Muireann NicAmhlaoibh are incredible musicians.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thank you. I love the music. The Piper, as I walked through the tunnel in the square at SDC, made my Camino.

Two Galician bands--their music is incredible: Milledoiro and Berroguetto. I have played their music for years; long before I dreamt of the Camino.

Admit it; you are dying to go, but cannot, or will not, due to the current situation, and you will watch anything just vaguely touching Spain and the Camino - but food programs alone will not cut it...

Julie Fowlis is an interesting artist from the North of Scotland - and an accomplished singer , and dons the pipes too....
She and her Irish collegue from County Kerry meet local Galician artists and join in......
Julie Fowlis plays regularly at the Tønder Festival (DK), where I work as a volunteer...She makes wonderful sessions.

Galicia, Scotland & Ireland and Brittany are bound together by culture, music and language*.
Meeting in singing, fiddling and piping, they will catch on like a house on fire...
I have an old Live CD with Altan (Ireland) visiting Galicia, and the audience would not let them go, so it became a double CD!!

Enjoy

* Galicia is not yet formally given a full Celtic status...a bone of contention...

Fabulous.Gura mile maith agat.
Thank you .

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Can someone please describe the difference between the Wise Pilgrim print edition, the kindle edition, and the app for the Camino Primitivo? I mean up-to-date info, ease of use, etc. If I got the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back