• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

muxia & finisterre by bus

Doratheexplorer-13

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese Nov 2013
So my Portuguese Camino is taking a big longer than expected due a sore right shin.
I will not be able to walk to the coast. I am trying to decide if I should take a bus.

My question .. Is it worth while taking a bus to the coast .. Or should I just enjoy Santiago.

Dora the explorer
aka, Patti
From Arcade, Spain

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Sorry to hear of your injury ! In my experience you are spoiled for choice - there is so much to enjoy in Santiago de Compostela, but Finistere and the Atlantic have their own charms.
Enjoy Arcade , take your time on that next section.
Bom Caminho

Fisterra is a small harbor town worth an hour of walking around. The walk to the zero-kilometer marker and the beach takes about an hour and one-half round trip. Then you have seen it all. So a bus day trip may get you the best of both worlds -- time in Santiago and a visit to Fisterra.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Sorry to hear of your injury ! In my experience you are spoiled for choice - there is so much to enjoy in Santiago de Compostela, but Finistere and the Atlantic have their own charms.
Enjoy Arcade , take your time on that next section.
Bom Caminho

Thanks Steve... I plan on a slow approach to Santiago!

Fisterra is a small harbor town worth an hour of walking around. The walk to the zero-kilometer marker and the beach takes about an hour and one-half round trip. Then you have seen it all. So a bus day trip may get you the best of both worlds -- time in Santiago and a visit to Fisterra.

Thx Falcon I might just do the day thing!

Because our return flight was already scheduled, we didn't have time to walk to Finisterre, so my wife and I took the bus. We stayed overnight in a small hotel (Mariquito) just a few steps from the bus stop in Finesterre. We had a leisurely afternoon in the town, spent the late afternoon and evening up at the Cape watching the sunset at the end of the world. We took the early bus back to Santiago the next morning to be sure we got there in time for the evening Mass at the Cathedral so we could see the swinging of the botafumiero.

If you decide to go on the bus, try to get seats on the left (driver) side on the way out, and on the right on the way back. That puts you on the ocean side for best views. The bus goes through a series of lovely little coastal villages, plus it goes through an extensive area that was recently ravaged by forest fires.

Buen Camino,
Jim

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thx for the bus seat tip Jim.
I arrived Santiago this afternoon and will take bus tomorrow.. Think just for the day. Then a full day of tourist in Santiago on Friday... With Friday night mass.
/p

So my Portuguese Camino is taking a big longer than expected due a sore right shin.
I will not be able to walk to the coast. I am trying to decide if I should take a bus.

My question .. Is it worth while taking a bus to the coast .. Or should I just enjoy Santiago.

Dora the explorer
aka, Patti
From Arcade, Spain

Don't take bus, you will be disappointed

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back