• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My Camino April 2014

Gazer

Hi my name is Gary and I am flying to Biarritz on 9th April and starting on the 10th from St jean. I have wanted to walk the camino for some years now but never got the chance. The film The Way inspired me a lot with Martin Sheen and the loss of his son. Then on 28th of July 2013 my life was nearly over for me as I lost my son of 20 years of age in a most tragic way. I have been in a bad place ever since but think this is the time to do it now. As like Martin Sheen in the way I will scatter some of my sons ashes across the camino. I have only just started doing some walks and I am feeling the aches and pains so hope i am going to be ok. Look forward to meeting anyone on the way.
Gary

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Gary, may you find peace on your Camino.
I'm not a seasoned pilgrim but if I may, I'd suggest you walk your own pace, listen to your body and be open to what you learn on your journey.
I'm a first timer so I'll definitely be walking my own pace, listening to my body when it cannot go further and embracing my journey of self-discovery.
Best wishes and Buen Camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back