• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

my Camino april 2015

tpmchugh

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Going on my second camino April 15th. Will arrive St Jean on 14th and stay in Orisson on 15th.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks Wayfarer, note that you are from Co Clare. The burren would be a great place I imagine for pre camino walking
The Burren is beautiful and walking on the Green Roads is a bit like the Camino but if you walk cross country on the pavement its a pig on your feet, ankles and legs. I did a 15k hike mostly on the pavement this summer and my legs were worse than the worst day I ever did on the Camino as they are constantly twisting and turning with every step, also because of the deep crevasses in the pavement you have to watch literally every step you take, head down, and then you miss all the beauty around you.

I'm very much praying for mild weather. I really want to climb the Napoleon Route for the scenery.
Trouble is I have been told that often you dont see the scenery because of mist. I missed out on this route in 2013 as it was completely snowed in as was the valley route so I changed plans and started from Pamplona. Hope to remedy that lost journey this time

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Trouble is I have been told that often you dont see the scenery because of mist. I missed out on this route in 2013 as it was completely snowed in as was the valley route so I changed plans and started from Pamplona. Hope to remedy that lost journey this time

With 2 people specifically praying for fine weather, maybe we might get it! Fingers and toes crossed.

Buen Camino!
The second is always a surprise!
I often wonder if this is my second. Some say it is my third. I started in March 2013 and in a moment of weakness on Good Friday I gave up and turned back to Burgos and then home. Then in September I went back and finished it. I count it as one camino but others have said it is two.

The Burren is beautiful and walking on the Green Roads is a bit like the Camino but if you walk cross country on the pavement its a pig on your feet, ankles and legs. I did a 15k hike mostly on the pavement this summer and my legs were worse than the worst day I ever did on the Camino as they are constantly twisting and turning with every step, also because of the deep crevasses in the pavement you have to watch literally every step you take, head down, and then you miss all the beauty around you.
Have never hiked on it but I do love it. I always enjoyed driving around that part of Ireland from Galway through Clare, Kerry and West Cork. Must try hiking in my own country later in the year

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I often wonder if this is my second. Some say it is my third. I started in March 2013 and in a moment of weakness on Good Friday I gave up and turned back to Burgos and then home. Then in September I went back and finished it. I count it as one camino but others have said it is two.

Think that would would count as 2.

Going on my second camino April 15th. Will arrive St Jean on 14th and stay in Orisson on 15th.
Hy , i start 3 day's after you.I begin my camino at the 18th and stay also in Orisson .Perhaps we meet along the way .I wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hy , i start 3 day's after you.I begin my camino at the 18th and stay also in Orisson .Perhaps we meet along the way .I wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.
Depends on how fast you walk Peter. I am pretty slow so anyone starting up to two weeks behind me will probably overtake me. Look forward to meeting you, Buen Camino

Hi again Peter, just noticed you are from the Netherlands. I finished my last Camino with a guy who lived north of Amsterdam and is my good friend for life. He told me all about the 4 Daagse (hope thats correct) at Nijmegan. He has completed it 4 times and is now guaranteed a place for 2016. It was one of my ambitions but found places were very limited for newbies

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi again Peter, just noticed you are from the Netherlands. I finished my last Camino with a guy who lived north of Amsterdam and is my good friend for life. He told me all about the 4 Daagse (hope thats correct) at Nijmegan. He has completed it 4 times and is now guaranteed a place for 2016. It was one of my ambitions but found places were very limited for newbies
Hy , the 4 daagse of Nijmegen is correct.My wife and I walked the 4 Daagse of Apeldoorn that's the week before Nijmegen. It's a lot less crouthed. You only walk in the nature. I wish you a Buen Camino.

hi Peter........We will be starting on 15th..so you might catch up with us........Buen Camino

I have walked the Green Roads in the Burren many times.....it is my special place.....whenever I hit the road to Black Head I am in another world....

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Katief, are you flying out of Dublin. I am on the Ryanair to Biarritz, 9:30am 14th staying in Bewleys Airport Hotel the night before. Look forward to meeting you. That makes 4 of us starting same day. You, me, Following Yellow Arrows and Dalstonmarra and with Peter Franciscus just three days behind, this forum is going to be well represented :)

:)
Katief, are you flying out of Dublin. I am on the Ryanair to Biarritz, 9:30am 14th staying in Bewleys Airport Hotel the night before. Look forward to meeting you. That makes 4 of us starting same day. You, me, Following Yellow Arrows and Dalstonmarra and with Peter Franciscus just three days behind, this forum is going to be well represented :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Seems like starting out from SJPDP on April 15 is the thing to do;) I'll be there too!

Look forward to meeting all.
Hello........looking forward to meeting you too........we are sharing taxi to St.Jean on 14th from Biarritz Airport....If you are arriving that day contact me if you are interested.........we will be leaving Biarritz about 1.30 pm. I dont have a booking in St.jean for 14th, hoping for Beilari.....Buen Camino

hi Peter........We will be starting on 15th..so you might catch up with us........Buen Camino

Hy , I will have a eye out for you , would be nice to meet . Buen Camino..

Seems like starting out from SJPDP on April 15 is the thing to do;) I'll be there too!

Look forward to meeting all.
Hi weradln, its getting a bit crowded on the 15th :). Look forward to meeting everyone. On my last Camino, I only met two people from this forum or 4 if you count one lady's two young daughters. Are you going straight through to Roncesvalles or stopping at Orisson

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
For those of us starting April 15th I would like to ask a favour. I wrote a book about my last Camino and I have this crazy idea of bringing a couple of copies with me to give to other pilgrims. The idea is that I put a message inside the cover to tell people to feel free to take it with them then leave it in the albergue they either finish it or get bored with it for someone else to pick up. I will include my e-mail address for people to tell me where they left it. Will it get there before me :).

I hope to have your book read tp........one is winging its way to me from Amazon :)

I'm also arriving in st Jean on 14, starting on 15th

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hy, I start at the 18th of April in Sjpdp. The group of the 15th is now 5 people. Try to catch up during the way. I wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.
I'm starting with my walking group, the Traveling Dangleburys, from Scotland. 5 of us in total, and one in a kilt. So that looks like 9 starting on 15th

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'm also arriving in st Jean on 14, starting on 15th
Welcome to the group Lady Danglebury. When I started this thread, I thought I was the only one starting 15th but it keeps growing. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone. I am arriving in Biarritz about lunchtime on a Ryanair from Dublin, staying in St Jean for the night then walking as far as Orisson the next day. I learned from my mistake last time not to do too much on the first day. What are your plans?

I'm starting with my walking group, the Traveling Dangleburys, from Scotland. 5 of us in total, and one in a kilt. So that looks like 9 starting on 15th
One in a kilt at that time of year when there more than likely will still be snow on the ground!!!! Must be a hardy soul :). At least I will have no problems recognising your group. Will he have his sgian dubh rather than a swiss army knife :)

Welcome to the group Lady Danglebury. When I started this thread, I thought I was the only one starting 15th but it keeps growing. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone. I am arriving in Biarritz about lunchtime on a Ryanair from Dublin, staying in St Jean for the night then walking as far as Orisson the next day. I learned from my mistake last time not to do too much on the first day. What are your plans?
Hi, thank you for your welcome. 3 of us are arriving Biarritz flying from Paris, arriving 12:15. Staying in st john, the other 2 are joining us in the morning on the early bus. We plan to walk to ronecevalles the first day, and are pretty use to the Scottish hills, so hope it won't be a problem

One in a kilt at that time of year when there more than likely will still be snow on the ground!!!! Must be a hardy soul :). At least I will have no problems recognising your group. Will he have his sgian dubh rather than a swiss army knife :)
Aye, a hardy soul indeed. You will certainly recognise us. I am planning to walk in a dress, like I usually do (have leggings and waterproof trousers for the snow)

Don't know about the sgian dubh can't imagine he'd get it on the plane

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, thank you for your welcome. 3 of us are arriving Biarritz flying from Paris, arriving 12:15. Staying in st john, the other 2 are joining us in the morning on the early bus. We plan to walk to ronecevalles the first day, and are pretty use to the Scottish hills, so hope it won't be a problem
I will bid you farewell almost as soon as we meet then. If you walk on to Roncesvalles and well used to Scottish hills, it is unlikely I will catch up on you anytime :). I dont do inclines very well and have an average speed of 4km/hr. But thats the Camino for you. People walk in and out of your life on a regular basis but you never forget a single one of them, Buen Camino

I will bid you farewell almost as soon as we meet then. If you walk on to Roncesvalles and well used to Scottish hills, it is unlikely I will catch up on you anytime :). I dont do inclines very well and have an average speed of 4km/hr. But thats the Camino for you. People walk in and out of your life on a regular basis but you never forget a single one of them, Buen Camino
Thank you, you never know what will happen. Buen Camino

I missed it in 2013 too. But got as far as Orisson before having to switch to the Val Carlos route. The scenery to Orisson was lovely! Going to try again this year...maybe. I have a reservation at Orisson on the 15th, but so far no plane ticket...

I missed it in 2013 too. But got as far as Orisson before having to switch to the Val Carlos route. The scenery to Orisson was lovely! Going to try again this year...maybe. I have a reservation at Orisson on the 15th, but so far no plane ticket...
Well if you get that plane ticket sorted, I will meet you in Orisson on 15th

Well if you get that plane ticket sorted, I will meet you in Orisson on 15th
I got my plane ticket sorted out last night. (I'm suprised the prices had not gone up since it is only 17 days away). I will be coming thru Madrid on the 14th and plan to be in Orisson on the 15th. I have heard the Napoleons Route pass is still closed, I have hopes of it clearing by then.

I got my plane ticket sorted out last night. (I'm suprised the prices had not gone up since it is only 17 days away). I will be coming thru Madrid on the 14th and plan to be in Orisson on the 15th. I have heard the Napoleons Route pass is still closed, I have hopes of it clearing by then.
If Napolean still closed then it is a stay in Valcarlos. Slightly longer than Orisson but not steep, get that on second day :). Its a long walk from Roncesvalles to Zubiri so taking two days for Roncesvalles regardless of which way we have to go. Still hoping that the warm weather forecast for the next week will clear the way for us

Cant believe it was January 3rd I started this thread and here we are at the end of March already. The clocks have gone forward and in only 15 days I will be on my way to Dublin to catch my plane to Biarritz. Boy am I getting nervous :)

Cant believe it was January 3rd I started this thread and here we are at the end of March already. The clocks have gone forward and in only 15 days I will be on my way to Dublin to catch my plane to Biarritz. Boy am I getting nervous :)
Join the Club.........:eek:

Hi , in 17 day's I take the train from Rotterdam to Sjpdp . I arrive at about 7.30 in the evening. Hope that the napoleon route is open . We will see. Hope to meet you along the way. Wish you wel and a Buen Camino, Peter.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello , I'm not nervous at all at the moment. :cool:. We will see when the time come. Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.
I have walked the camino before but from Pamplona. Looking at photos of the trek over Pyrenees is making me apprehensive. Looks really steep :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Well, it is almost time to go. Leave for Dublin on Monday, fly to Biarritz Tuesday and start walking Wednesday and the good news is Route Napolean was open yesterday and with a forecast for warm and sunny for the next 5 days its looking good for the high road. When I returned from my first Camino, I wrote a book about my journey and it has been moderately successful. I plan to take a couple of copies with me to leave in albergues with a note for any fellow pilgrim to feel free to take it with them. The idea is that they drop it at the next albergue when they are either finished or bored with it so that someone else can carry it on, a bit like a relay race :). I will include my e-mail address so that anyone who wishes can contact me and tell me where they saw it. Will it reach Santiago and if so will it get there before me, who knows but its just a bit of fun. You can find the name of the book in my signature below

Well, it is almost time to go. Leave for Dublin on Monday, fly to Biarritz Tuesday and start walking Wednesday and the good news is Route Napolean was open yesterday and with a forecast for warm and sunny for the next 5 days its looking good for the high road. When I returned from my first Camino, I wrote a book about my journey and it has been moderately successful. I plan to take a couple of copies with me to leave in albergues with a note for any fellow pilgrim to feel free to take it with them. The idea is that they drop it at the next albergue when they are either finished or bored with it so that someone else can carry it on, a bit like a relay race :). I will include my e-mail address so that anyone who wishes can contact me and tell me where they saw it. Will it reach Santiago and if so will it get there before me, who knows but its just a bit of fun. You can find the name of the book in my signature below
Hi, the weather looks great, hope it stay that way the next week. Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi, the weather looks great, hope it stay that way the next week. Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.
Very good Tuesday and Wednesday, cloudy with afternoon rain on Thursday. Wednesday I climb to Orisson, Thursday to Orreaga/Roncesvalles. Will need to get as much distance behind me on Thursday morning before the rain arrives in the afternoon

Very good Tuesday and Wednesday, cloudy with afternoon rain on Thursday. Wednesday I climb to Orisson, Thursday to Orreaga/Roncesvalles. Will need to get as much distance behind me on Thursday morning before the rain arrives in the afternoon
Great news about Napoleon Pass.....nearly ready, just to pack up now ....one more walk tomorrow and thats it.........see you in Dublin........

Great news about Napoleon Pass.....nearly ready, just to pack up now ....one more walk tomorrow and thats it.........see you in Dublin........
All packed....again. Will probably do it again :). No more walks for me. If I am not ready now, I will never be, besides just know if I go walking I will pull a muscle or something. Its just the way I am, always get nervous and ultra careful before travelling. Still have doubts about Napolean. The forecast keeps changing but then I am looking at glorious sunshine at the minute and a couple of days ago they forecast rain for today so hopefully the French/Spanish meteorologists are as useless as the local ones :)

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back