• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My Camino Norte Photos

Sedona2012

Bobbie Surber
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances st Jean to Santiago (Sept/Oct 2012) Finisterre Oct 2012
Part -Portugues (Oct. 2012)
Camino del Norte June-July 2013
Part of Camino Vezelay July 2013
Leon to Santiago October 2015
Departed from Irun June 1, 2012 and arrived July 6th in Santiago. I followed the Norte all of the way with an overnight visit to Oviedo. So happy I walked the Norte for my second trip to the Spain Caminos. Also walked part of the Vezelay Camino July 8th to July 24th. What a great summer!

Follow link to my photos of the Norte. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobbiesurber/sets/

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Loved the photos and brings back memories. It is such stunning scenery. We walked this Camino in 2009 June 1 to July 7. Just makes me want to go back.!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi John, it was tough at times. I am used to big ascents living in Sedona, Az so the mountains were great fun for me on the Norte. The difficult part was too much asphalt... Brutal on the knees and feet! It was all worth it. Lives every moment.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Asphalt/Tarmac - yuk! Still, I think you have great memories to call upon.

It seems to me you'll be back on another Camino in the not too distant future.

Good luck in whatever your next venture may be.

Tremendous photos. Looking forward to this camino June 2014. Would you tell me - photo #10 IMG3289. Where is this.
Thanks.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hola

Thanks for sharing your photos of the Norte.
They bring back memories and your posts prior to your Camino.
All good.. another Peragrina with remarkable experiences and adventures.
In one of your posts you wrote that the last part of Norte, from Oviedo to Santiago was comparable to the first part, in relation to asphalt road.
This makes me think that you still have yet another Camino to walk in your future; Primitivo. :) (If the weather allows it)

Buen camino
Lettinggo

Hola Lettinggo,
I ended my first two Camino's thinking I was done but came home and immediately knew I must walk the Norte! Then finished Norte and part of Vezelay only to return home with the same desire to walk more of the Camino's. oh my I think I need a Camino 12 step program for my new addiction :)
So thinking... Hoe do I fit in LePuy and Primitivo into one trip???

Hi Llew,
This photo is st the famous Albergue de Peregrinos on Guemes. What makes this such a great stop is the Hospitaro and owner, Ernesto Bustio. His hospitality and generosity is second to none.

Bobbie

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hola Lettinggo,
I ended my first two Camino's thinking I was done but came home and immediately knew I must walk the Norte! Then finished Norte and part of Vezelay only to return home with the same desire to walk more of the Camino's. oh my I think I need a Camino 12 step program for my new addiction :)
So thinking... Hoe do I fit in LePuy and Primitivo into one trip???
LOL, yes, your powerless over the Camino. I just finished and am going through withdrawal! Great photos...I live in Thailand and we have some beautiful walks here, but, not the same energy the Camino has!

Hi Llew,
This photo is st the famous Albergue de Peregrinos on Guemes. What makes this such a great stop is the Hospitaro and owner, Ernesto Bustio. His hospitality and generosity is second to none.

Bobbie
Thanks Bobbie. I had made a note to stop here as have read other excellent reports about the albergue and Ernesto.

Departed from Irun June 1, 2012 and arrived July 6th in Santiago. I followed the Norte all of the way with an overnight visit to Oviedo. So happy I walked the Norte for my second trip to the Spain Caminos. Also walked part of the Vezelay Camino July 8th to July 24th. What a great summer!

Follow link to my photos of the Norte. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobbiesurber/sets/
Loved your photos, brought back happy memories. I left Irun the day after you and also walked with Tim, See you arrived at Santiago with him. Thank you for the photos.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Hugh,
Wow! So close but we never caught up with each other! Love to see some of your photos.
Did u stay on the Norte or change onto the Primitivo?

Bobbie

Most read last week in this forum

My group of six arrives in Irun on May 20 and we're starting our Camino on May 21. Since it's the beginning of the busy season, I'm wondering if we should order trekking poles from Amazon Espana...
On the Norte...started Morgo headed to Santilanna del mer...today...wonderful walk.... 1st 7k and last 7k ...the middle industrail zone was meh. Just past polonca met loverly local spanish...
If anyone is in an albergues in or near Santillana del mar on the 1st of May and comes across Nadia from Ottawa would they kindly point her in the direction of this thread. Thanks all.....

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.