• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My first Camino (Frances) starting 8th may

Deobald

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2018)
Hello everyone, I am a bit lost on this forum for the moment just as I am lost with most of the things regarding the camino. I will arrive in St Jean Pied de Port on the 7th and I will start my long journey to Santiago the next day. Hopefully I can meet some of you on the road. I have no idea what to expect. I will probably be asking more questions on this forum as I prepare for the long road ahead. Have a great day.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
buen camino ! you will love it !

Welcome to the forum and buen camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello everyone, I am a bit lost on this forum for the moment just as I am lost with most of the things regarding the camino. I will arrive in St Jean Pied de Port on the 7th and I will start my long journey to Santiago the next day. Hopefully I can meet some of you on the road. I have no idea what to expect. I will probably be asking more questions on this forum as I prepare for the long road ahead. Have a great day.
Hi, I leave Seattle on May 8 but will be in Pamplona on May 9 & 10 . This will be my 6th Camino in 5 years and hope to meet as many people as possible. Email me when you arrive and perhaps you can meet my friend Carmen who lives in Pamplona. I met her walking my first Camino. You will find the Camino provides, even answers to the smallest question and for me a best friend across the world.

Welcome to the Forum, Deobald.

I leave the same place a day or so ahead. But I am sure you will catch up along the way. As the journey begins, we enter a time where there should be nothing ahead but contemplation and good fellowship. Most issues arise at the beginning and the end of walking each day. Save the time in between to fulfill the intentions of the walk.

See you soon.

Buen Camino!!! :cool:

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Welcome, we'll be starting out on 7th May but don't walk quickly so I'm sure you'll pass us on the Way early on.

Welcome to the forum, @Deobald. Yes, it all seems a bit bewildering at first, but things have a way of sorting themselves out. Keep reading the forum, use the search engine, and ask questions. A day or so on the Camino and you'll feel like an old pro. Buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello Deobald! I will be leaving SJPDP on May 10 or 11. I am sure we will see each other out there.

Hi Deobald
MaryKatherine and I (David) arrive at SJPDP on the 7th as well and we plan to depart on the 8th for Orisson - weather permitting. We will surely meet up in SJPDP. Look for the Canadian Company of Pilgrims patch on our Osprey backpacks. Buen Camino.

Hi Deobald, my brother and I are arriving in SJPdP on the 8th or 9th April, train strikes permitting, and setting off for orisson or valcarlos on the 9th. It's our first Camino too, and we're really looking forward to it! Buen camino and we may see you on the way!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
If you are planning to start a Camino in October 2024, you are invited to add a post to this thread – scroll down to the last post, and create a new post giving your expected start date, start...
Hi, this is Nils from Tenerife. I'm excited to start my very first camino - let's see what it will bring! 😍 For me, this journey is very much like an inwardly guided shamanic ceremony, following...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back