• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My first Camino, the Francès - Sep18.

Geoff Shepherd

I’m the big fella on the left.
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances: 2018,19, 22, 23 and 24.
My thanks to all on this forum, especially the Moderators and regulars. I could not have planned my first Camino and sorted all the equipment/pack list/travel/accom etc issues without all the great advice posted here. Thanks to Ivar for hosting this service. I will be flying into CDG then BIQ 18 Sep. First night in Bayonne (it is a long flight from Oz) then train/bus to SJPDP 19th. Start walking 20 Sep and have 43 days to do the lot - all the way to Muxía hopefully. But, I plan on taking it easy at my own pace (lotsa advice on that) and see how it plays out. I am approaching 67, but of course still feel 27!!! A 45 lt Osprey Levity pack with 7 to 8 kg on my back (I weigh 80kg) - still a little fine tuning to do there. Plan on staying in Albergues as much as possible and ‘off Brierley’ too if I can. Wearing Altra Lone Peak 3.5 trail runners and carrying the effective, if rather strange looking, rain kilt from China - good advice that. I have been known to have a beer/wine or 3 so I hope to meet many good companions on the track. I hesitate to say ‘Buen Camino’ until I am actually doing it - so good luck to all who are walking and Cooee. I’ll now try and put this in the calendar.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Geoff,

Sounds like you've absorbed a lot of advice. Now all you have to do is master a skill not many of us possess- patience waiting for next Camino to begin.

Buen Camino,

Rob.

Thanks Rob, I have been waiting a while now and yes the impatience is building. Time to do some more training and hose myself down!
Cooee

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
In proverbial same boat on this side of the globe. Will look out for you!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back