• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My Next Camino?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I have spent some time this afternoon poring over my map of Spain and thinking about my next Camino. The Sureste looks interesting. Anyone have any recent information?
However I did like sharing the journey with the occasional tumble weed tumbling eastwards as I got closer to Toledo and the sanity of mountains beyond it! Ávila is wonderful...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The Sureste coincides in places with the Levante. I chose the Levante from Valencia over the Sureste from Alicante (years ago) based on advice from the forum. I loved the Levante - beautiful in springtime; many lovely interesting large towns with beautiful plazas, churches; many castles in wide open country. So if you’re still in the dreaming phase, you might want to look at the Levante. Great online guide from the Amigos in Valencia as well.

Asphalt alert! The first three or four days are almost all asphalt and that was hard on my feet, but after that it got much better. In the initial stages you are walking through Valencia suburbs and then through Valencia rice paddies and fruit orchards. I kept hoping that the orchards would have some dirt paths, but almost everything was paved till Xátiva, which is where you will have your first amazing castle to visit. Just amazing!

Thanks for your replies. It's early days yet and if all goes well I can think about Sureste/Levant for next year. :)

Thanks for your replies. It's early days yet and if all goes well I can think about Sureste/Levant for next year. :)
San Clemente and Chinchilla de Montearagón were two highlights for me. Actually so was the 'ghost town' prior Albacete...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.