• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Private Accommodation on the Camino del Sureste

Kev&Kath

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances - Oct/Dec 2021
VdlP - Apr/Jun 2023
I'm interested to hear from pilgrims who have walked the Camino del Sureste and chose to stay in private (non-albergue) accommodations. It looks like it's a real challenge right from the 'get go' out of Alicante, but those that have walked the route might (I'm hopeful) have a different perspective/experience. I generally defer to Gronze for accommodation insights, but even this terrific source is a bit 'light on' in covering the Sureste.

Any advice would be appreciated! Buen Camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I used AirBnB for a few places inc Monforte del Cid, Sax, Albacete. Don Fabrique was a hostal called Don Quijote. Lots of info here if you have the time - https://mikesroaming.blogspot.com/2017/04/
Mike...this is brilliant...thank you! I was going to ask today if anyone could recommend a Blog from someone that had worked this route. Really appreciated that you posted the link. I'll see if I can find the entry point for your writings through blogspot. Thanks again!!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back