• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My walking companion has dropped out.

kim kenny

Time of past OR future Camino
plan to walk the Camino Ingles in April/May
My walking companion has dropped out. Looking to join a group to walk the Camino Ingles in April/May

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Go to St Jean, start walking. You'll be in a group within 1-2 days if you want to be. Maybe even before that. So long as you don't look too pushy/desperate to be in a group, you'll naturally find yourself in one almost instantly.

I am also walking solo starting tomorrow so perhaps we will cross paths and can do some trekking together.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am also walking solo starting tomorrow so perhaps we will cross paths and can do some trekking together.
Thanks, Laurel. I'm doing the Camino Ingles, as it's my first Camino, so I'll be arriving in Ferrol on 24th April. Are you doing the longer walk?
Kim

I agree whole heartedly. There are many people who are solo and on their first Camino walking the Frances. I felt as if it were a beautiful way to introduce myself into the Camino life. I have had a somewhat difficult start to my time in Spain rhis year but the Forum is an a wonderful support group full of wisdom and endless support when you need it the most. Don't fret too much about the language barrier should that be of concern to you. Even if you don't share a common language people are experiencing the same hardships or hilarious or overjoyed moments as are you. Everyone has to walk up that hill and down the other side. It's not easy for everyone but when reaching the peak I think everyone feels a like they conquered something worthy of a smile...after catching ones breath. For that no language is needed. But, having said that, pointing and hand gestures are generally bound by language. I wish you well.
Buen Camino
Jennfer

I started out solo. Met up with a group and we stayed together for a couple of weeks until injuries/pace split us up. Soon after met up with another group.

You may start out alone but you'll likely only stay that way if you want to. There are so many opportunities to meet with new people, walk with them even if only for a short while.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I'm walking from just after Sarria, also starting on the 24th - so will be in Santiago de Compostela on 29th if all goes to plan.

If you are still on your own (unlikely!), come and join me for a drink or meal - some of my family will also be there over that weekend to help me celebrate my birthday (though only one is walking with me).

Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Gay, I’m new to the forum as I’m walking my first Camino, the Camino Ingles beginning the 20th of June 2024 and wondering if there are any AA meetings along that route
Oh oh oh, After more then seven and a half weeks of rain in Belgium and France, last week weather is better, I walked into Irun today! 🙏 Feels like the last nine weeks my life was in a fridge but...
Hi walking the Norte starting in late August. Would appreciate hearing from anyone else who has/is starting in August.
Hi, I’m new to the group as I’m finally hiking my first El Camino this month, El Camino Ingles, beginning June 21, 2024

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back