• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Need help finding the closest bus stop to Camino Norte Path, from San Sebastián Airport

LUISA G

Time of past OR future Camino
Future
hello Pilgrims this is my 2nd Camino, but first time doing Camino Norte.
Flying into San Sebastián Airport on Wednesday would like to start Camino in Pasaje to enter the coastal route . Would love some help in finding the camino route . Which stop should I take on the Bus leaving from the Airport. Thank you all
Bon Camino,
Luisa

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
From San Sebastian bus station (easily reachable from luraldebus in the airport), you will be very close to the Camino del Norte, in dark blue on this map:

San Sebastian Airport (as opposed to its bus station) is not in San Sebastian, but on the outskirts of Irun, the start of the Norte. From the airport entrance, you simply turn left and you can walk to the Norte path in 15 minutes. It's just over a kilometer from the airport. I've pasted in a screenshot from Mapy.cz. At the intersection of the Norte, turn right and it's a further 15-16 kilometers to Pasajes, depending on which route you follow. If you prefer to not walk to Pasajes, you can pick up a local bus (they run frequently) from right near the airport directly to Pasejes. Consult Google maps public transit option for exact details.

Btw, if you do decide to walk to Pasejes, the Purgatorio alternative, which starts at the Sanctuary of the Virgin of Guadalupe, about 3 k after you will intersect the Norte, offers one of the most spectacular sustained panoramas of any of the major caminos. It does require a bit of an initial climb, however.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240512-085807.png
    Screenshot_20240512-085807.png
    2 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
From San Sebastian bus station (easily reachable from luraldebus in the airport), you will be very close to the Camino del Norte, in dark blue on this map:
Thank you greatly appreciate

San Sebastian Airport (as opposed to its bus station) is not in San Sebastian, but on the outskirts of Irun, the start of the Norte. From the airport entrance, you simply turn left and you can walk to the Norte path in 15 minutes. It's just over a kilometer from the airport. I've pasted in a screenshot from Mapy.cz. At the intersection of the Norte, turn right and it's a further 15-16 kilometers to Pasajes, depending on which route you follow. If you prefer to not walk to Pasajes, you can pick up a local bus (they run frequently) from right near the airport directly to Pasejes. Consult Google maps public transit option for exact details.

Btw, if you do decide to walk to Pasejes, the Purgatorio alternative, which starts at the Sanctuary of the Virgin of Guadalupe, about 3 k after you will intersect the Norte, offers one of the most spectacular sustained panoramas of any of the major caminos. It does require a bit of an initial climb, however.
Thank you for the insight, will definitely consider walking , if I can ask you, would it be doable to walk all the way from airport to Markina in 3 days considering this great incline that you speak of?

Thank you for the insight, will definitely consider walking , if I can ask you, would it be doable to walk all the way from airport to Markina in 3 days considering this great incline that you speak of?

Thank you, my son and I were hoping make it to Zeraut on the first day of our Camino and for this reason I was thinking we need a little head start by bus. My thoughts were to catch a bus to Pasaje and then starting the Camino. If we do this then we would need to figure out which stop gets us closest to the Camino trail in Pasaje. Do you believe this is doable? Thank you so much for your assistance
Luisa

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you, my son and I were hoping make it to Zeraut on the first day of our Camino and for this reason I was thinking we need a little head start by bus. My thoughts were to catch a bus to Pasaje and then starting the Camino. If we do this then we would need to figure out which stop gets us closest to the Camino trail in Pasaje. Do you believe this is doable? Thank you so much for your assistance
Luisa
I echo what the others have said above. As to the bus from the airport to Pasejes, you turn right out of the airport entrance and you pick it up about 700 meters away. See Google maps transit option, as I said above , for exact details. It will take you right to Pasejes. The trail goes straight through the middle of this small town. Ask a local if it's not obvious, or consult your app's map.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

We are cycling and are two people, currently in Santander. We ideally want to book a double room. However we are finding the prices shown on Gronze are sometimes substantially higher when we make...
We are here in Irun, staying at Hotel Alcazar. Where do we start the Camino?
Hi everybody, I have read all the threads on this topic and seen multiple replies. Some are positive others seem to be vague. Ok travel if this route what cities offer the best cultural...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back