• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Need help with GR13 hike in Montargis

Cherylan

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances to Leon (2016)
Camino Frances Leon to Santiago de Compostella (2020)
France Le puy
Hi My husband Steve and I started our Caminó from Le Puy on the 1st of June. Due to shin splints we left Cahors after walking 350kms for a rest period in San Sebastián. We then picked up from Burgos (we stopped at Leon in 2016 also due to injury) and completed the Caminó Frances July 22nd. As we had planned to walk from Le Puy to Santiago de Compostela and make our way back to Paris to fly back to New Zealand in the 3 months we had here in Europe, we find ourselves filling in time we had not planned. Also France is expensive, not like living on the Camino! We are currently in Bordeaux and Tomorrow we leave for a week in La Rochelle.

Which leads to my question ….. we have got bus tickets after La Rochelle to start the GR13 hike in Montargis. Has anyone got maps, information, ideas etc about this walk. We are camping along the way as we brought our tent with us, but to find the route and information, which we are probably walking the other way, has been next to none! The bookshop that should have had some of the maps, had every route except the one we needed!
We are trying to manage our budget so we don’t have mega amounts of money. We are to be in Paris on the 22nd August and our walk will start on the 12th August.

Any help would be appreciated!

From a couple of Kiwi Pilgrims

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Cherylan,

As for online French GR13 maps from a Dutch source check the link provided by fellow forum member Purky in this post.
Be sure to click the translate tabs within her post to get useful info.
Good luck with your plans and Buen camino to you both.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

In about a week’s time I’ll be starting my fifth Camino from Le Puy en Velay, however, I’m interested to know if anyone in this forum has started their Camino from Paris ….. to Saint Jean Pied de...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back