A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

New Albergue

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
A new albergue will open on June 6 in Viloria de Rioja, 15 kilometers after Sto. Domingo de la Calzada. The albergue will accommodate 12 pilgrims and cost 5 Euros per night. A communal dinner and breakfast will be available for a donation.
The albergue has been set up by Brasilian pilgrims Acacio Paz and his wife Orietta. It might be possible to reserve a place by sending an e-mail to acaciopaz@yahoo. com.br

You can check it out here:

http://br.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/acaciopaz/my_photos

Advertisment

Janeh

thanks for that Sil. I am always amazed at how much info you source for us all here on the forum. This must be your full time job! :D
You are such a valuable member and I for one always make a note in my David and Cole book your valuable little bits of info. I plan to take this guide book with me as it's so light - I write all the extra valuable facts from other books into this one so I may be walking with one guide book but really I will have volumes of wonderful information. thanks again! :D

PEI-les

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, Roncesvalles to Santiago, May/June (2006)
Camino VdlP, Seville to Caceres, May (2009)
Acacio & Orietta's albergue may be new to some but I stayed with them
last May ('06),in Valoria and recommended it on my first posting on this
form in april.
It was my 9th night on the camino and the first that I felt that I was
experiencing the true perigrino hospitality.There were only seven of us
staying that night so we were able to sit around the table and take our
time over the meal...all very pleasent.A donativo for the meal goes toward
buying food for the next days pilgrims.
I had recent contact with Acacio & Orietta when I recognized their phone
number in a post from xm concerning a missing Brazilian peregrino.....
they let me know that he had been located and was fine.All best,Les.

evanlow

Camino(s) past & future
Frances06
Primitivo07
Plata08
Norte12
Levante(14-15)
Vasco16
Mozarabe(16-17)
Madrid17
Portuguese18
I've stayed with them too last May. From the photos they must have moved to a bigger place. I remembered also washing the dishes after dinner. The meal (donation based) was simple but it was one of the best I had during my camino for exactly the same reason.

http://camino.wificat.com

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
The Refugio Acacio & Orietta is a new albergue in a VERY OLD BUILDING!!
It is about 15 km from Santo Domingo de la Calzada at Calle Nueva 6, Viloria de Rioja 09259 Burgos.
Pilgrims may call ahead. The telephone number is 947-585-220 (mobile: 679-941-123).
Pilgrims may also send backpacks ahead, if they wish, which will be held at the albergue until the pilgrims' arrive.

Advertisment

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Sorry - forgot to add the link to the new albergue

http://BR.pg. photos.Yahoo
com/ph/acaciopaz/ album?.dir= /c22cscd& .src=ph&. tok=phLs94GBIgfs Iq6t

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%