• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Book - A Thirst For Adventure: On The Way To Santiago

Graeme Cook

Time of past OR future Camino
23 April to 28 May 2022
Mrs C and I walked the Camino Frances route in May 2022 and I subsequently wrote of our adventures in my book El Camino de Santiago - Beers On The Way. We had both been captivated by the Camino and twelve months later we walked the Portuguese Camino, from Porto. As previously, it had been my intention to write of this latest adventure but despite having enjoyed the walking experience, we were both left feeling a little underwhelmed at the end of it all although for reasons we couldn't quite determine. This rather left my thoughts on a further book somewhat in abeyance at the time as I didn't want a subsequent written work to somehow undermine the memories and wonder of that first camino. It took a final short camino experience, walking the route from Santiago to Finisterre, in October of last year to reinvigorate in us the wonder of Camino and to appreciate perhaps why this hadn't happened in Portugal. Accordingly, my account of our Portuguese and Finisterre adventures has been added to the content of the original book in my new effort A Thirst For Adventure - On The Way To Santiago, a lighthearted account of our three (two and a bit?) Caminos. The new book is available on Amazon for £2.99 (e-book) and free on Kindle Unlimited. The original book remains available at £1.99 or free on KU. Amazon link below.

For those of you who go on to read the book, I hope you enjoy it.

A Thirst For Adventure - On The Way To Santiago

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This is the funniest book I've read about the Camino and I've read quite a few. I've even written one! I have to admit, though, that I'm one of those people with a book in me that should probably have stayed there (loosely quoting from Graeme Cook). I was intending to keep this e-book on my phone to read on my next trip, but I can't put it down.

Now that I've finished the book, I have a couple of comments:
1) How could one man consume so much beer?
2) How could he remember the names of everyone he met?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Now that I've finished the book, I have a couple of comments:
1) How could one man consume so much beer?
2) How could he remember the names of everyone he met?
Hi Margaret. I hope you enjoyed the book.

Always important to keep hydrated when walking miles in the hot Spanish sun.

And you might recall the Another Round experiment? I think that’s why I was able to remember everyone’s name Mary.

(Joke obviously).

Thanks for your nice comments Margaret.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back