• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

New certificates etc

Travellingman

Well, we'll all be needing a larger pack soon, with the plethora of new credentials and certificates being issued on arrival at Santiago. Sign of the times, I guess - "Proof that I've actually DONE SOMETHING".
Do we really need all this stuff? Given that The Camino is (supposedly) about a meaningfull/spiritual/religious enterprise, and that we do already get a compostela on having covered the required distance, are these extra certificates of any value?
Faux compostelas have been available to print off on the internet for years .......
Pilgrims of old, turn in your graves.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

I think it's a nice idea, personally.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Finally, my compostela is better than yours. Egalitarianism was getting very tiresome.

Lest you inadvertently start another camino myth Falcon, it is worth repeating that there is only ONE COMPOSTELA, other certificates and commemorative credenciales etc. are simply souvenirs.-

Visitors to Santiago buy souvenirs - even the pilgrims of old did so there is little incentive for them to turn in their graves!

Most read last week in this forum