• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New peregrino starting Saint Frances on Dec 26

ericandbeethoven

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francis Dec 2012 - Jan 2013
Hi all,
I am Eric from Chicago but currently residing in Bermuda. Very long story short but I planned my Camino for when my job in Bermuda ended (Aug/Sep 2014). I recently trekked the Inka Trail to Machu Picchu (Nov 2012) & returned to Bermuda to find my job had unexpectedly ended. I was given a redundancy package.

So through a string of coincidences, I was offered the all too rare in this day & age combination of fitness, time & money. I of course had the internal struggle of whether I should commence a job search or take the opportunity. I also happened to be in a major life transition in other areas of my life. I prayed & sought signs from God, the angelic realm & the universe. Signs were given & miraculous additional resources appeared.

One of those signs was a very rare hog penny that I found on a hiking path. It is said that the angelic realm places coins in your path as a sign that your needs will be met & you are being watched over with love.

I was wowed.

So here I am with a plane ticket to Madrid, a fair amount of trekking experience but most importantly an open & quiet mind ready to be grateful for what I will find on my Camino.

I land in Madrid Dec 25. I start Dec 26. I am scheduled to be on a return flight Jan 24. I am planning on where I will be between those two dates.

Buen camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Good for you Eric.
Not sure what you mean in your topic heading - "..... starting Saint Frances on Dec 26". Are you planning on travelling up to the Camino Frances from Madrid to start walking or are you going to start walking from Madrid?
Take thermals and winter gear. The Madrid route can be cold even in the middle of May. This photo was taken by a friend on the 15th May and there was a freezing wind coming down from the mountains.

Attachments

• SnowMadrid.jpg
    SnowMadrid.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 54

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back