• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New to the forum... Hi

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Welcome Kellie and Ian!

There is a great community here and lots of helpful people and great information. I think you are going to like it here and have plenty of help for next year's Camino!

Mike

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Mike, and thank you.

I've been doing long distance walks for years, and this year Ian suprised me by saying he wants to do a walk together, and suggested the camino de santiago route. :)

I've been looking up apps, maps and books...... then I had the idea to look for a forum, and found this forum.

I'm really looking forward to planning.

Kellie

Hi Mike, and thank you.

I've been doing long distance walks for years, and this year Ian suprised me by saying he wants to do a walk together, and suggested the camino de santiago route. :)

I've been looking up apps, maps and books...... then I had the idea to look for a forum, and found this forum.

I'm really looking forward to planning.

Kellie
Welcome to both of you,once you begin to plan you'll not believe how soon your Camino will be here.I hope it brings you all the magic it has given others.Buen Camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Just want to say Hi from Scotland.

My partner and I are planning to walk the Camino in September of next year. At the moment we're not sure if we're going to do the walk in one, or in two halves, we'll see if we can both get the time off first ;)

Kellie and Ian
Welcome to the Camino forum! We joined earlier this summer and will be walking our first Camino Frances soon (15 Sept). We've learned much from Camino Forum participants and, when the time comes, we'll willingly share whatever might be relevant to future Camino walkers. Buen Camino!

Welcome! Good idea to start planning early. I got the great idea to walk the camino early last month...and my daughter and I are now set to start it the end of september so not a lot of time to plan and prepare! But then again if we had the whole year would we have been working out??? All I know is now we are a month away of starting out and both of us are starting to feel we might have bitten off more than we can chew. We both however also feel that we've been drawn to do the camino so we're not going to let fear get in the way. Stay posted on the forum and we'll let you know how it turns out.

I think it's wonderful that you and your spouse are going to do it together...what an experience to share.

Thank you all so much for a warm welcome :) I look forward to getting to know some of you.

I do feel this is a big thing for us, and to hear your stories too, is first class.

Celestemesser : the fear, I know that one! I think it's natures way of making us careful ;)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Welcome to the Camino forum! We joined earlier this summer and will be walking our first Camino Frances soon (15 Sept). We've learned much from Camino Forum participants and, when the time comes, we'll willingly share whatever might be relevant to future Camino walkers. Buen Camino!
Thank you, I look forward to hear how you guys get on. Buen Camino :)

Just want to say Hi from Scotland.

My partner and I are planning to walk the Camino in September of next year. At the moment we're not sure if we're going to do the walk in one, or in two halves, we'll see if we can both get the time off first ;)

Kellie and Ian
Hi and welcome to this wonderful forum.
You can ask your questions or you can look around the forum for answers.
You decited to walk the Camino. The time of planning is now come.
I wish you both well and for next year a Buen Camino, Peter.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, Planning Sarria to Campostela mid Sept, 2024. Both wife and I are 71 years old and from America. Will fly from Paris to Campostela. We are pretty active and estimate 10-13 miles per day OK...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hi, this is Nils from Tenerife. I'm excited to start my very first camino - let's see what it will bring! 😍 For me, this journey is very much like an inwardly guided shamanic ceremony, following...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.