• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New to the forum

astelle

Hi All,
My nickname is Astelle and I walked the Fr Camino last spring and enjoyed .
I have signed on to read the messages posted , so that I can relive the wonderful days
on the camino. The walking was easy for me but the emotions ran wild.
I did have some trouble with blisters but I met others who suffered much more
than I did. All in all , a time I will never forget . My thanks to all the pilgrims that I
met along the way.
a

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Astelle,

Welcome: It is wonderful to hear that you had a memorable journey and this you wish to share.

In the Pilgrim book section there is mention of a book entitled - The Year We Seized the Day -
http://www.theyearweseizedtheday.net - where the authors also had an emotionally challenging time.
When one is taken out of one's comfort zone new "dangers" rear their ugly heads and we face
the crossroads of new choices/coping mechanisms. (That all sounds highly dramatic :) )

Do you feel drawn to another Camino?

lillypond.
"We would rather be ruined than changed. We would rather die in our dread. Than climb the cross of the moment. And let our illusions die" - a poem W.H. Auden.

Lilypond , Your reply has brought tears to my eyes. Thanks...It's good
To answer your question " will I walk another camino " the answer is easy " yes " ,
I have to , I'm not sure why . It's as if I've lost something or maybe I found something.
Yikes !! Now I'v gone all corny... I'll walk slower; maybe backwards ; stop more often ; savor my
cafe con leche . It's not about the finish line .

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.