• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Youtube channel with helper vids on Camino, feedback and suggestions please.

mistermike

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP to SdC May-July 2019
Port. Coastal Sep 2023
¡Hola! I’ve recently started a YouTube channel with helper videos on the Camino. I’ve got about 60 episode ideas jotted down, and I’ve made the first 5. Any feedback on my style or ideas what topics you think are missing but needed on youtube would be greatly appreciated. It’s my first real go at a proper channel, so it’s on my favourite topic - Camino. Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/c/MikeOnTheCamino/videos

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi as a cynic about another camino channel. I watched your videos describing albergues and your Orisson experience and I have to tell you that I think you did a great job. Your experience in Orisson while it was horrible for you should be a great warning to new pilgrims about the danger of weather and to always be completely prepared. You never know what can happen anytime of the year. I walked one year on the Meseta in early October and it was 90 degrees plus every day (32+C) without a cloud in the sky. 3 years later I was on the Meseta at exactly the same time and it was 45F (7C) or thereabouts every day, with rain often really intense with high winds in my face almost all day and almost every day.
I think of all the videos I have watched about albergues you have given the most comprehensive and detailed description of the different types of accommodations that I have seen.
I have walked 6 Caminos and closing in on 6,000K of walking so I watch videos like yours because I am a junkie and often criticize videos in my small head.
I wish I had seen your videos before my first camino years ago. It is good to have information to quell some of new pilgrim jitters. Nothing like a little information to help a pilgrim as they experience and learn pilgrimage for themselves firsthand.

¡Hola! I’ve recently started a YouTube channel with helper videos on the Camino. I’ve got about 60 episode ideas jotted down, and I’ve made the first 5. Any feedback on my style or ideas what topics you think are missing but needed on youtube would be greatly appreciated. It’s my first real go at a proper channel, so it’s on my favourite topic - Camino. Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/c/MikeOnTheCamino/videos
Hey Mike, Just watched your Videos and we really enjoyed them ..very informative for us newbies! We would like to see a video on baggage transfer options if possible please and which types of accommodation you can ship to and which ones accommodate that service. The other video that would be very helpful would be with regard to footwear...trail shoes versus sandals versus sandals with socks (please tell me I don't have to do that ;-)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Informative, fast-paced videos with a great sense of humour. Keep them coming, @mistermike !

Hey Mike, Just watched your Videos and we really enjoyed them ..very informative for us newbies! We would like to see a video on baggage transfer options if possible please and which types of accommodation you can ship to and which ones accommodate that service. The other video that would be very helpful would be with regard to footwear...trail shoes versus sandals versus sandals with socks (please tell me I don't have to do that ;-)
I have those on my to do list. Footwear nearly killed my Camino, so keep an eye out for that. And the footwear issues created my rapid learning on shipping things from accommodation to accommodation. Are you also meaning shipping stuff from home directly to an Albergue?

Hi as a cynic about another camino channel. I watched your videos describing albergues and your Orisson experience and I have to tell you that I think you did a great job. Your experience in Orisson while it was horrible for you should be a great warning to new pilgrims about the danger of weather and to always be completely prepared. You never know what can happen anytime of the year. I walked one year on the Meseta in early October and it was 90 degrees plus every day (32+C) without a cloud in the sky. 3 years later I was on the Meseta at exactly the same time and it was 45F (7C) or thereabouts every day, with rain often really intense with high winds in my face almost all day and almost every day.
I think of all the videos I have watched about albergues you have given the most comprehensive and detailed description of the different types of accommodations that I have seen.
I have walked 6 Caminos and closing in on 6,000K of walking so I watch videos like yours because I am a junkie and often criticize videos in my small head.
I wish I had seen your videos before my first camino years ago. It is good to have information to quell some of new pilgrim jitters. Nothing like a little information to help a pilgrim as they experience and learn pilgrimage for themselves firsthand.
Thank you so much for that. The Orrison clip gets the most thumbs down and negative comments - more than all the others put together. Mind you it's is tiny percentage at that. But I'm glad you get it, it is a cautionary (true) tale. I'm so envious of 6 Caminos. If I get to do another in my lifetime I will be happy. When making the episodes I try to think of all the things I did not know about pre Camino or wish I knew mid-Camino and then add some hindsight. I was hoping to be able to knock out 1 or 2 episodes out a week, however I am finding it's taking me the better part of 4 days per episode and life pulls me in other directions of course. I'm pleased a 6 timer enjoys them. Thanks again for sharing.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Informative, fast-paced videos with a great sense of humour. Keep them coming, @mistermike !
Thanks Yoyo. I'm actually a children's entertainer in paid life, so pace and humour are essential. Thanks for the PM with advice too!

Most read last week in this forum

I was lucky enough to chat with Bill Bennett yesterday about his new movie The Way My Way. Bill is the Writer and Director and the movie is a true story of his first Camino in 2013. He's been...
Here’s my daily blog of my walk from Lisbon to Santiago with Relive videos. I started on April 17. https://paulscamino.com/
Crazy! That is what we were told by others when we decided to walk 500+ miles with two of our children across the top of Spain. We got a little nervous in the weeks leading up to the flight that...
👣 Ever wandered what it is like to take an 11 and 14 year old on the Camino Frances? We can tell you, it is an amazing experience that you will be talking about for time to come! We managed to...
Am doing a vlog on the Plata which I thought I'd share! Started off with three nights in Seville for the Fería de Abril (video 1), and joined by my cousin from Vancouver. Currently on Day 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back