• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Newspaper Article

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Actually, I thought it was pretty lame.
The writer obviously has not been on the Camino and did not capture the experience at all.

Interesting, but not well done.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Excruciatingly lame. I can't believe the paper paid someone to write this drivel and then actually published it ...

What do you expect from the Associated Press? I'm glad Martha mentioned the Seattle group in the comments section though. Looking forward to July 23rd!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Considering most Americans have never heard of the Camino, I would agree that some press is better than no press. This article might even get some people to look up the Camino on the internet and get a very different perspective. As far as a travel guide/inspiration piece it is a poor portrayal of a truly inspirational walk. I agree that this individual has probably never walked the Camino. That being said, I believe that 10 people writing an article like this would most likely portray the "Camino" in 10 different ways. It is the type of journey that touches each of us in a unique way.

Ultreya,
Joe

Journos write about topics because that´s their job. They don´t have to be firemen to write about fires, or drive a train to write about railways. Or be country folk to walk in the country.

Very true, but that is a very poorly done story. That's all I am saying. And I am a journalist ...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum