• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Nice place to sleep in Pamplona

Yellowfriend

Time of past OR future Camino
Porto- Santiago / Fisterra- Muxia sept 2016
SJPP- Santiago may 2017planninh
hallo,
We are looking for a nice and cheap place to sleep in a private double room in Pamplona. Somebody a good tip for us?
Thanks!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Not the answer to your question but...
CASA PADERBORN. After crossing the bridge , turn left and walk along the river front in the park and behind the cathedral - Albergue on the left. A small place run by friendly Germans. I have spent a several nights there on different Camino walks. It is a traditional style albergue with bunk beds. Reasoably priced , tidy and clean. Small and very friendly. Much nicer than any private room!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Not the answer to your question but...
CASA PADERBORN. After crossing the bridge , turn left and walk along the river front in the park and behind the cathedral - Albergue on the left. A small place run by friendly Germans. I have spent a several nights there on different Camino walks. It is a traditional style albergue with bunk beds. Reasoably priced , tidy and clean. Small and very friendly. Much nicer than any private room!

Idem for me. I slept in a room with only two bunkbeds. So peaceful next to the nautical club.

But for those who want a private room. Hotel Yoldi is to be recommended.
http://www.hotelyoldi.com/
OH , who picked me up by car in Santiago , and I stayed here on our drive back to home.

Hotel Eslava for me too, friendly place, great bathrooms, generous breakfast. Available on booking.com with no penaltyfor cancellation withing the given period. Ask for a room with a balcony so you can enjoy the view overlooking the Plaza and across to the mountains. Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Ah, Pamplona...great and not so great memories! Great: Albergue turístico y de peregrinos "Jesus y Maria" Museum quality structure, well-appointed pilgrim facility. Met a couple that shared the ride to SJPDP the next morning. NSG: hold baggage lost on the flight from Madrid containing walking sticks and extra meds (did finally retrieve them.

Hotel Europa in the centre of Pamplona Suffering from sore feet and needing a single room and my own en-suite shower room that night I spent one night there. The breakfast was amazing!

My Irish friends found the front rooms quite noisy but I had a small single room at the back which was great.

Albergue de Pamplona (a new albergue right on the camino after the entrance into the old city) has a private room with just an upper and lower bunk. There is a small toilet and shower room located between that room and the main toilet shower area with wide lockable doors to each. That means that it can be configured to be a private bath while you need it and then reconfigured to expand the public area afterwards with the access to the private room able to locked. I think it was intended for use for someone confined to a wheelchair but Peg and I had this room for a few nights after finishing our camino.

http://www.alberguedepamplona.info

This post was edited to correct the name of the albergue and its URL.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Casa Ibarrola in Pamplona (a new albergue right on the camino after the entrance into the old city) has a private room with just an upper and lower bunk. There is a small toilet and shower room located between that room and the main toilet shower area with wide lockable doors to each. That means that it can be configured to be a private bath while you need it and then reconfigured to expand the public area afterwards with the access to the private room able to locked. I think it was intended for use for someone confined to a wheelchair but Peg and I had this room for a few nights after finishing our camino.

http://www.casaibarrola.com/
Yeah, that's a cool albergue. I've stayed there a couple of times. The hospitalero is very helpful and friendly and they have a breakfast setup in the morning.

I'm with SabineP ... I stayed at Hotel Yoldi for two days in 2015 and it was terrific. It's centrally located, the rooms are spacious with ensuite bathrooms, the staff are very friendly and helpful and the breakfast buffet was delicious. It would be my first choice for any future stay in Pamplona.
Cheers - Jenny

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
hallo,
We are looking for a nice and cheap place to sleep in a private double room in Pamplona. Somebody a good tip for us?
Thanks!
My very favourite place in Pamplona is the main large allergens. It is a gutted monetary and houses many people. It is clean, beautiful, we'll run and with very good facilities.

I stayed in the Paderborn Albergue years ago and it was sensational. When you entered they sat you down and gave you juice and biscuits before anything else!! They also were very Germanic and had spindryers... magic!

This year on my way in having walked from Arles in France, I asked some pilgrims going out where they stayed and they recommended Albergue Plaza Catedral - literally opposite the cathedral. Fabulous, clean, new, smart and different offers of accommodation. No outside space but so quiet and central as traffic free. The perfect place as Paderborn is on the edge of town.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Albergue de Pamplona ... has a private room with just an upper and lower bunk.
I made a mistake in the name of the albergue. Originally I posted it as Albergue Casa Ibarrola but I should have said its name was Albergue de Pamplona. The two are very close to each other. I corrected my original edit.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back