• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Not enough time

Roskulla

Time of past OR future Camino
First time on the camino
O want to finish my camino in Santiago and know I have to ealk from Sarria. But between where I am now ( Viana) and Sarria I will not have enough days to be able to walk all the way. I have to take a bus or train part of the way. Any suggestions which part would be best to skip the walking?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
It all depends how many days you have left. Big skip or little skip?

Skipping a section really interrupts the flow of the Camino as a pilgrimage. Whatever part you skipped, you'd most definitely have regrets.
Maybe you could walk to wherever you end up for when it's your time to return home and then finish the Camino another time.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Have to skip about 100 km or 5 days.
My suggestion is to do your skipping all at once, rather than continually disrupt the flow by skipping here and there. How about skipping from Sahagun to Astorga, since both of those cities have good transportation options, and the distance is about right. Then you will have the walk from Astorga to Santiago, which is a nice length and you will have a sense of continuity and community.

Most read last week in this forum