• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

November Camino - Getting from Paris to SJPP

frank john

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2016
October-November 2024
I’m looking for advice on getting to SJDP from Paris in one day. I arrive in Paris at 10:00 am. Fly to Biarritz, train to SJPD? Bayonne to SJDP?
Also, I’m hearing from various threads that there are few Bars and cafes open on CF in November. Since I love hot coffee, is there a light weight way of making coffee?
Pack food since there are few places open?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
frank john,
Late autumn is a great time to walk with generally golden days and cool nights. Although albergues on the CF started to close mid October during earlier, easier years there was always some place open. I usually stayed in municipal albergues and never had a reservation until the final days in Santiago.

Check out this earlier forum thread for earlier posts with helpful info re
walking in October- November.

Air France offers flights from CDG to Biarritz. Besides SNCF TGV trains to Bayonne from Paris/Montparnasse there is also a night train with berths from Austerlitz to Bordeaux with a connecting train to Bayonne.

This long thread details how some of us brew and drink tea/coffee when in an albergue and it is too early for any bar to be open or the only nearby place is closed.

Happy planning.

Last edited:
Thank you for this thread. Getting an electric coil is a great idea. One more question: are there many hotels/ pensions offering private rooms available in November, especially if there are no open albergues? I’ve walked in October and early November but never in November into December. I’m just a bit concerned but I have no choice as to the time I can walk for five weeks. November is it.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
To see open dates for hotels/pensions on the CF use the on line Gronze Camino Frances
Tap the entries to see :
Datos básicos/Disponibilidad

Last edited:
Brrrr! I consider November as winter. Meredith is the expert for winter walking, listen to her advice.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum