• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

November Camino - Getting from Paris to SJPP

frank john

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2016
October-November 2024
I’m looking for advice on getting to SJDP from Paris in one day. I arrive in Paris at 10:00 am. Fly to Biarritz, train to SJPD? Bayonne to SJDP?
Also, I’m hearing from various threads that there are few Bars and cafes open on CF in November. Since I love hot coffee, is there a light weight way of making coffee?
Pack food since there are few places open?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
frank john,
Late autumn is a great time to walk with generally golden days and cool nights. Although albergues on the CF started to close mid October during earlier, easier years there was always some place open. I usually stayed in municipal albergues and never had a reservation until the final days in Santiago.

Check out this earlier forum thread for earlier posts with helpful info re
walking in October- November.

Air France offers flights from CDG to Biarritz. Besides SNCF TGV trains to Bayonne from Paris/Montparnasse there is also a night train with berths from Austerlitz to Bordeaux with a connecting train to Bayonne.

This long thread details how some of us brew and drink tea/coffee when in an albergue and it is too early for any bar to be open or the only nearby place is closed.

Happy planning.

Last edited:
frank john,
Late autumn is a great time to walk with generally golden days and cool nights. Although albergues on the CF started to close mid October during earlier, easier years there was always some place open. I usually stayed in municipal albergues and never had a reservation until the final days in Santiago.

Check out this earlier forum thread for earlier posts with helpful info re
walking in October- November.

This long thread details how some of us brew and drink tea/coffee when in an albergue and it is too early for any bar to be open or the only nearby place is closed.

Happy planning.
Thank you for this thread. Getting an electric coil is a great idea. One more question: are there many hotels/ pensions offering private rooms available in November, especially if there are no open albergues? I’ve walked in October and early November but never in November into December. I’m just a bit concerned but I have no choice as to the time I can walk for five weeks. November is it.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Brrrr! I consider November as winter. Meredith is the expert for winter walking, listen to her advice.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
Hi guys, I need help because I don’t know where else to turn. I arranged luggage transport from Paris to Santiago with casa Ivar. They gave me an invoice, shipping label, everything. I left it at...
There has been some discussion about getting one way tickets to have more flexibility. Unfortunately I had to cut my Camino short because I was getting shin splints. Because I had a flexible...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back