• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting to Paris from Leon or Santiago

Hollyhocks

Time of past OR future Camino
2014 SJPDP To Burgos
2016 Burgos to??
Hello!
i need suggestions...
We are starting our walk on July 23 and we need to be in Paris on August 19th...

Is there an economical/cheaper way to get to paris from Leon or Santiago by plane? I looked into trains but there are too many connections...has anyone done the connection?
Any suggestions?
What are the large towns in between leon and Santiago?
I checked Renfe but it doesnt allow me to put in Paris....is there a bordering town i can try?

Thank you
Holly

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
One useful web to use is Omio.
Google the term Omio and download the app.

Last edited:
I’ve flown from Santiago to Paris a few times with Vueling. A direct flight and not expensive. I recall there was usually one direct flight each day. But the last time was some years ago so I don’t know if it is still the case 😎

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello!
i need suggestions...
We are starting our walk on July 23 and we need to be in Paris on August 19th...

Is there an economical/cheaper way to get to paris from Leon or Santiago by plane? I looked into trains but there are too many connections...has anyone done the connection?
Any suggestions?
I checked Renfe but it doesnt allow me toputin Paris....is there a bordering town i can try?

Thank you
Holly
We flew from Santiago to Paris, Vueling, cant remember the price but it wasnt expensive.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You can take a short train ride fom Santiago to A Coruna, Spain and then a blahblahcar bus direct to Paris. Seems to leave most days at 1355. I checked for August 17.
Cost is about is between €90 and €120 depending if you want to just go to Paris or to the airport. It’s overnight and takes about 21 hours.

The original information was provided by Google maps. I find when I’m looking for travel options I check Google maps, Rome to Rio, Omio , and Apple Maps. Or the national bus and train websites, if I’m just traveling in country.

Usually one of those gives me a good idea. Unfortunately, it’s almost always quicker and Often cheaper to take a plane but I don’t like flying anyway, and I try to think about my carbon footprint when possible.

Interestingly, that bus stops in Oviedo, Bilbao, San Sebastian and Bayonne and Bordeaux. Which might be helpful for other people. Doing the Norte, or anything along the northern Spanish coast.

Last edited:
Hello!
i need suggestions...

Any suggestions?
I checked Renfe but it doesnt allow me to put in Paris....is there a bordering town i can try?

Thank you
Holly
Hi, I went by bus from Santiago to Paris. Long and tedious but cost
Hello!
i need suggestions...

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Hi I went by bus all the way. Tedious but easy. Cost about £125 from memory. Get the Flixibus app.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Have you been reading the news?
I wouldn't go near France right now - of course it all may be over by August, but it's a mess there now.

Certain areas of specific cities have indeed some rioting at the moment.
It will happen in the banlieues of those cities and certainly not in the historic inner centres.
Certainly no danger on any Chemin or GR.

It is always important to be vigilant but we really do not need to be scared.

Certain areas of specific cities have indeed some rioting at the moment.
It will happen in the banlieues of those cities and certainly not in the historic inner centres.
Certainly no danger on any Chemin or GR.

It is always important to be vigilant but we really do not need to be scared.
I'm not "scared."
Just don't want to get in the middle of anything like that and no idea where it will spread.
I'm not sure how you know it would not move into the historic inner centers.
I don't think anyone knows.

I was once in Pamplona during a riot.
Not fun.
Anyway, just my opinion :)

Hello!
i need suggestions...

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Holly
I recently flew out of Santiago on June 27th on Vueling, a budget Spanish airline for $124.00. It was a short two hour flight to CDG.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back