Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos

Numbers for Camino Portugues

handzondeck2

Past OR future Camino
CF (x2); VdLP (x4); Portuguese (x2); Madrid (x2); S/Salvador, Primitivo, Ingles ('17) Camino 19 tba
Hi all

Does anyone have numbers for the amount of pilgrims walking the Camino Portugues in APril? Being a Holy Year will it be crowded?

THanks Sharon

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
Month by month figures aren't easily available unless anyone else has a good source. But a way of looking at this is that last year around 7% of the total number of pilgrims to Santiago walked the Camino Portugues in April. Of the total last year 11956 walked the CP route therefore one could assume some 836 walked in April. It looks as if in the Holy Year numbers are at least doubling.

Maybe others will have a better source of information or indeed better arithmetic!.

Regards

John

muppet

hi Sharon,

Yes I'm worrying about the same thing in regard to accomodation although the other side of the coin is..... the more the merrier! :D I'm looking forward to walking part of the time alone but meeting people from all parts of the world will also be a blast.

Muppet

Davroos

Personally, at this time in the season, I don't think there will be a load of people. I believe that there will be morE closer to the holy day

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
A thought-provoking Camino memoir. This day-by-day account will inspire you.

Javier Martin

Veteran Member
handzondeck2 said:
Hi all

Does anyone have numbers for the amount of pilgrims walking the Camino Portugues in APril? Being a Holy Year will it be crowded?

THanks Sharon

It should be crowded, but not too much.

Now I have several friends walking it.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

hel&scott

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
2004 St Jean - Santiago, 2008 &18 Seville - Finesterre, 2010 Ferrol - Lisbon, 2012 from Cartehenga.
Fascinating stats… I’d heard that the Portuguese route was not used much but it looks like it gets a fair bit of traffic (though very few start in Lisbao) and most do just jump in at Tui – is it me or does this have any link to our local beer http://www.tui.co.nz/i/hero_home/yeah_right.jpg :?:

Interesting too, to see a steady stream of traffic from NZ given our population base 200 camino-ites per year equates to 0.01% quiet respectable compared to the Spanish (0.17%) and German (0.02%) - Okay forgive me I’m a nerd. :roll:

Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

mmonomm

hi, i just came back from it
was NOT CROWDED. in Portugal i walked completely alone!!!!! from Tui yes, more people, but there was not a single night problem of not finding a bed in the albergue. so th ehuge crowds are not yet walking :)

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads